Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Will Tig For Food
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently my local guy 45 minutes away decided to up and retire during my break.

Said online business took him out and now I'm at a loss where to find stuff locally.

I don't have much experience buying stuff off the internet and was wondering who you guys used?

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
I know this isn't super helpful, but I usually end up on eBay.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
i buy all my stuff from dimecitycycle and biltwell... anymore they are getting too mainstream tho...
I was under the impression you bought built bikes instead of building your own.

:D

·
Will Tig For Food
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup, me too.
Bike model specific forum
Thanks guys, I was trying to find an alternative to Fleabay because the dismantlers on there kinda piss me off with their strong arm extortion prices, but when you're the only game in town...

I was a member of gixxer back in the day and a quick look in squid central didn't yeild anything stellar.

I did pick up a k4 1k yesterday sans motor but I'm going to probably flip it and not fighterize it

·
3,993 Posts
I do most of my part buying eBay too. One shop that I buy from repeatedly is Cycle Reapers located in Tampa, FL.

I have never had an issue with them and I have bought about 10 parts from big and small. Great seller with pretty good prices. I have a nice part coming in the mail right now actually. :Evil_smile:
I've bought a couple parts from them too. A little steep on their prices, but they have a pretty good selection.

·
ZX-6R Fighterer
457 Posts
I've bought a couple parts from them too. A little steep on their prices, but they have a pretty good selection.
Agreed I see that prices on the big parts like subframes, wheels, and some fairing pieces are pretty steep. I picked up a swingarm from them for $45. The listing said there was rust turns out it was only on the chain guide. Guess I lucked out lol.

·
3,993 Posts
Nice, that's a fair price for a swingarm from anybody.
They charged $400 for the B-King triples I put on my Busa (AFTER I contacted them directly offering that, they had the upper and lower listed individually for a combined price that would have been higher)... they were also the only people with a set of B-King triples on the internet, so it is what it is.
I just got some Ducati parts at half of what they were asking though.
To be honest they're kind of a last resort for me... I know if nobody else has what I'm looking for, they will, but I'll probably pay a premium for it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Bike specific forums are the best, followed by craigslist for the cheapest. However, I tend to end up having to buy everything off ebay.

·
Will Tig For Food
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bike specific forums are the best, followed by craigslist for the cheapest. However, I tend to end up having to buy everything off ebay.

I just want a better option than forking over $300 for a gix crank or 1500 for a bare motor.

I think I'm remembering why I only ever messed with running bikes when I wasn't strapped :excellent:

·
Registered
478 Posts
You best bet for that kind of thing really is craigslist. I can't count how many times I've needed something odd (like a CX500 Deluxe frame and rear wheel) and got it for a song just for having posted on craigslist. GSXR's are a dime a dozen. I know where at least four are that laying on their sides, busted, in the weather. I can't hardly give the part away.

I only end up on eBay for my failed searches and things that just aren't worth the cost used vs new.

·
Will Tig For Food
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You best bet for that kind of thing really is craigslist. I can't count how many times I've needed something odd (like a CX500 Deluxe frame and rear wheel) and got it for a song just for having posted on craigslist. GSXR's are a dime a dozen. I know where at least four are that laying on their sides, busted, in the weather. I can't hardly give the part away.

I only end up on eBay for my failed searches and things that just aren't worth the cost used vs new.
Grab me a good crank outta one and you'll be my new bff Mak lol

My problem is I'm so damn remote, but I'm 3 hours from Memphis, and two from Nashvegas so there's options. Going to scoot down there this weekend or so to look at a lump with a spun main, hence the need for a crank, but the price is fair at 450 for a complete engine, clutch, and starter, plus the swinger I need.

Still not what it used to be, but admittedly I haven't had my ears to the ground very long and don't have my previous contacts

·
Will Tig For Food
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The rest of the bike is straight and complete with a title, right?

What year/model is it? I'll see what I can find.
It's a K4 1000

Frame is straight, I bought a roller and am going to look at that engine some time in the future directly. Probably the next week or so.

I did just join a few GSXR pages on FB. I don't know why I'm stupid about that because I admin one of the largest fabrication pages with 20k+ members and act like a complete idiot about finding groups:nuts:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts