Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought the stock lighting was satisfactory on her bike as is with most bikes. I bought her HD's LED Daymaker headlight. The thing cost a fortune but I have never seen a brighter or whiter Headlight.This is the new model, On brights the dims stay lit too so it really puts out the light. This thing will burn your eyes out. It's color is between 5800 and 6000k. It's a monster. I also bought her the module that plugs inline and turns her rear turn signals into running lights and brake lights. Now she will be more noticeable from behind at night. I am going to upgrade the headlight and passing lamps with daymakers on my bike before spring.

This is a video of the older models where the dims shut off when the brights are on so it will give you an idea of how bright the new ones are. About half way through it gives a comparison between stock hid and led, pretty amazing.

http://youtu.be/QtZ4y8wG6cQ

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope I collected a couple of brownie points with the wife.

·
Penta-personality
38 Posts
That's some serious coin for a light. A friend sent me the link to it as a potential replacement for what he calls my 'candle' headlight (from a 70's era cb350), but I nearly shit my pants at the $500 pricetag!

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She has a 5 3/4" light on her bike so it was a little cheaper $400.00. My bike has a 7" light so to replace it and the two 4 1/2 " passing lamps it's going to set me back a little over $800.00, but well worth it. Jacqueline took her bike out last night for the first time since I put the headlight on. She said it shines about 4 time farther than the stock light.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
To quote the movie Grandmas boy "somebody ass getting laid tonight"

Reactions: shotgun
1 - 8 of 8 Posts