Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found one!! It took awhile and some serious battling with the dealer but I finally scored this lil beauty for my girl

We took it down to the Rainier park today so she could have some time to play with it without dealing with tons of cars, she cruised it back and forth and around the park loop for nearly 2 hours!! She had the biggest smile the whole time, I'm so proud of her, it's awesome that we are finally going to be able to ride together!!

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And now Buelly has a new friend! :)

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry mike, she's a long way from any wheelies and it's not my bike so I have to be nice to it....well at least for now:)

But really I really want her to have and feel ownership of the new bike, I really want her to fall in love with this bike and riding in general, I know that some of the reason for her wanting to ride is because of my love for bikes and riding, so I truly want to make this the most positive experience that I can for her so as to not push or scare her away from something I really want to share with her

Sorry didn't mean to get all serious on ya, mainly I'm just afraid of scratching it...lol

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Very nice, and awesome she is having an interest in bikes.

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
But really I really want her to have and feel ownership of the new bike, I really want her to fall in love with this bike and riding in general, I know that some of the reason for her wanting to ride is because of my love for bikes and riding, so I truly want to make this the most positive experience that I can for her so as to not push or scare her away from something I really want to share with her
^^What i'm aiming for atm too, when a friend heard i postponed my long ride to Morocco to wait for her to pass her next test he asked why i didn't just go without her, since it is something i've been wanting to do for almost 2 years now. I said having a girlfriend that rides is something i've been wanting pretty much my whole life. :rock:

Sounds like she's well into it already. Has she ridden before?

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mods are already here Doc, full M4 exhaust and a Dynojet power commander came with it, the dealership had to put the stock pipe back on to make the EPA happy but GAVE me the aftermarket stuff!!

I had to make 2 - 2hr trips to score this lil beauty, the first trip the salesman was a fuckin idiot and told me they would have to pull the pipe and commander but welcome to BUY IT BACK from them and he wouldn't budge on the price at all....WTF!!!? We promptly left!

That night I was so fuckin pissed I emailed the dealer and told them I didn't want anything other than for them to inform people that the used bikes DO NOT come as pictured on their site, that way future customers won't be driving all fuckin day expecting to see something they can't have or will have to pay extra to get it as pictured

Well a different sales guy called me the next day begging me to come down again and give them a chance to make it right....and they did!!!! They wanted $5999, I offered $5400 out the door......(drum roll)....they sold it to me for $5200 OTD with the pipe, power commander and a new set of tie downs....I left with the bike very happy but also very confused!

They really made it worth my second trip!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
They wanted $5999, I offered $5400 out the door......(drum roll)....they sold it to me for $5200 OTD with the pipe, power commander and a new set of tie downs....I left with the bike very happy but also very confused!

How do you offer them 5400 and they say "nah 5200 and you can have the extra bits for free". Maybe they just felt bad lol

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like you have a lot of expectations for her. Don't push her too hard duder.

No worries bro, I mean I'm anxious to ride with her but I'm really trying to give her lots of room to learn at her own pace, I don't try to coach or push her, just let her play around and have fun with it and just answer her questions as simply as I can, trying not to confused or stress her out with to much info...she has rode lots of dirt machines in the past so she has most of the basics down already, it's going to take some time so I'm just letting her find her place with the bike...which is also why I'm not riding it, I want her to be the sole proud owner of it and not feel like she's borrowing my bike

How do you offer them 5400 and they say "nah 5200 and you can have the extra bits for free". Maybe they just felt bad lol

I think they did feel bad, I was ultra pissed when I left the first time and they were trying to make up for it

I had told them I was looking for a new shop/dealer for my bike purchases being that I was tired of getting screwed by my local shop

Now why they came in $200 cheaper than my $5400 offer? I can't answer that other than after seeing my credit score they realized I'm a more than qualified buyer and really wanted me to be happy and return to them for my future purchases

Reactions: shinyribs

·
Angry Northerner
324 Posts
That's ace. Sounds like sales guy #1 fucked up big style and I wonder if his boss 'educated' him. :fu: Whatever happened, it sounds like you got a good deal and the missus got a lovely looking bike. I saw one of those last weekend and the wheels are a thing of beauty!

As for riding bikes with the missus, it's fucking ace. :thumbsup::letsride: Me and my wife met through bikes and I love going out with her on ours, which isn't often enough unfortunately. Hope your patience pays off though. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
So damm jealous. They're all sold out in my area. Test rode the FZ-09 a couple of times but that squishy suspension under hard braking and acceleration just made me nervous. So I set my heart on an FZ-07. Had to settle for a used SV650 for the time being. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts