Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 R1 that is completely naked and chopped up.. My frame sliders are a bit out of place and figured some crash bars could compliment the look I'm going for and hoping to keep crash protection as well.. Only problem is, I can't find anyone that makes a crash bar for the 04-06 R1... 905 Racing does make a $300 set but my god are they proud of them and stick WAY out for the plastics. Was wondering if the FZ1 bars would fit or is the frame different? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Have you looked into race rails? They're made to fit around plastics but aren't huge and bulky just a simple rail that goes from your motor mount to somewhere else I'm not sure but they're sleek and not bulky

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you looked into race rails? They're made to fit around plastics but aren't huge and bulky just a simple rail that goes from your motor mount to somewhere else I'm not sure but they're sleek and not bulky
I have looked at them and they are definitely the lowest profile. I was really hoping for the full cage though not only for crash protection but also because with the plastics fully removed and the sportbike frame shape it makes the frame look un-finished, in my opinion. I was hoping to get a cage-exo-skeleton look to complete the raw look of my build and do away with those nast 4" pegs sticking out the side. Looks like I may be having to go custom, which is what I feared. But, would probably be exactly the way I want it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fz1 cage wont fit. but check out On-Point (link VV) they make r1 stuff. 905 stuff is junk anyways.

http://www.onpointperformance.com/
Thanks for the direct answer.. I figured it was at least worth a shot. I hadn't seen that website before, thanks for the link. I really like their crash bar look, but, once again they only make the street bars for the R1.... I just don't get it. All the other manufacturers are the same. CBR1000, GSXR1000, ZX10 and even 07-08 YZFR1 I see crash bars are everywhere. Wonder what makes the 04-06 so hard to make/find...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.