Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have a look at a 1990 GSXR 750L this weekend, i have a K1 GSXR 1000 swingarm in the garage and i am just wondering if it will fit or how much will need to be done to make it fit, i am guessing that it has been done before so hopefully someone can help.

·
Jarhead Supreme
6,487 Posts
I would guess it can be made to fit with enough engineering. The first thing I would do is get measurements of the width of both swingarms at the pivot, or where the swingarm fits into the frame. IF they are close, it may work.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
I believe it fits in just fine with the correct pivot spacers but getting the linkage to work properly is another issue. Someone somewhere (in Europe, I think) was making a special lower mount to use the newer linkage and get the right geometry.

Later, Doug

Reactions: thaOrleanyte

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe it fits in just fine with the correct pivot spacers but getting the linkage to work properly is another issue. Someone somewhere (in Europe, I think) was making a special lower mount to use the newer linkage and get the right geometry.

Later, Doug
I need to find this person, i now have the complete rear end to fit.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I think this is another case where you need 20mm to 25mm spacers for the pivot bolt. Also the sprocket alignment I believe is off. From what Ive been reading you can get about 85% of it all done by mixing and matching parts from both rear ends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts