Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Will it work?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Bad Habit 
#1 ·
Ok Over here I can get some pretty odd ball bikes that are not available in the USA so I wanted to make a fighter, and thought I had a plan for a China Fighter....until I came up with this scheme for a build.

Let me know if you think its worth a shit, please (I know you will!)

I likethe littel FZR-400 raed teh crap out of one and just love it. So if I use that as a base, change the swing arm add a R-1 Front end and stuff a 500cc 2 stroke from an RZ 500.

I know the engine can stuff in there as there was a guy that used to do it. If he can I can. It would be a frigin screamer of a bike and I would leave her naked as a fart.

Only concern would be the power of the thing while I try to wheelie. The 4 strokes are so much smoother for that, I think, anyway.

Comments?

#3 ·
I sent you a PM Steve..

There was a guy on another forum that actually did that but with a 400 frame. because the FZR frame is made of aluminum the R1 engine twisted it like a pretzel. But it will fit with a fiew mod's.. YZF600r front ends are a direct bolt on, the steering stems are the same. That will upgrade your front suspention 10x's over aswell as the brakes, YZF600r gas tanks will fit too with a couple small mod's, I got one on mine. Press out the steering stem on the lower tripple and press it into a 99-02 R1, 99-04 R6, GSXR front ends.. and from what Ive heard but not seen is a 03-04 Kawisaki 646 front end, the fzr steerin stem will press right in

Theres so much crap thats innerchangable with these bikes you'd never even know

#4 ·
it seems to me that yamaha is the only company that really interchanges parts with a lot of their bikes....:confused:

steve, i think id go for a 4cyl if your planning on wheelie'ing it. (dont wanna hit powerband at balance point!)

how bout just changing the gearing?? or possibly puttin a 600 motor in there??

cant wait to see a grand dragon fighter! :metal:

#5 ·
Yea did bit of research and Sypder helped as well.

I think an YZF-600 front end, engine and choped tail section will do.

I need to see about a single sided swing arm fitting in there as well. Need a 17 rear wheel. Naked, naked, nikied!

Plus Spyders rear sets will get here soon enugh and I can slap a set of my own rear sets on there.

Carbon Fiber parts, Oh yea ,I see the bank account cringing in the corner now. ha ha

#6 ·
Whatever way you decide to go sounds like a great project, my Ex had a FZR400 and it handled like a dream the engine was a bit guttless but hey ya gunna bin it any way, dunno my Yams too well but would one of the old FZR/YZR 750 engines fit, i know the 600 lump would go in easier but theres no subsitute for cubes :D

#7 ·
If I put in a 600 engine I can get a big bore kit from Weisco and get it near 660cc if I read correctly.

Either way wiht that light aluminum frame I have a lot of power I figure. A bit of a baby fighter but I will class it up and get what I can out of her.

I need to find out what the inner measurement is for the swing arm and start hunting for a suitable single sided swing arm.

Bike will be deliverd next week. 300 USD how can I pass it up - trashed or not.

I can only salvage the engine cases most likely off the 400 engine but maybe I can sell them and a few odd parts.

I'll snap a shot of the before bike when I get it here.

#10 ·
NICE, this is a cool project.

kinda wierd, it seems like the FZR platform is catching on for fighters in the US. I haven't seen many british or european FZR fighters, but then maybe I'm not lookin in the right place.

#11 ·
Steve ur gonna shit when I tell you this... But if you get an FZR 600 bottom end and get the top end of a YZF 600r (rods, pistons, cylinders, and head) Bolt it all together with a 3mm base gasket it turns it into a 660 stroker motor because the YZF rods are a tid bit longer then the FZR rods, and it gives it a longer stroke. Look it up on that site link I sent you in the Hybrid section. Some of those guys are actually running and racing these engines

#12 ·
spyder said:
Steve ur gonna shit when I tell you this... But if you get an FZR 600 bottom end and get the top end of a YZF 600r (rods, pistons, cylinders, and head) Bolt it all together with a 3mm base gasket it turns it into a 660 stroker motor because the YZF rods are a tid bit longer then the FZR rods, and it gives it a longer stroke. Look it up on that site link I sent you in the Hybrid section. Some of those guys are actually running and racing these engines
That's the same thing I'm hoping to do after next summer. If I don't have my own garage by then, I'm gonna be confiscating half of my dad's. :rock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.