Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well... two people saying it should fit is sufficient enough for me! lol. i think im gonna order it so hopefully they can ship it out soon... maybe get it this week or so. i hope it works cuz those H4 lights are gonna be the shit!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
The ones he (apparently just bought) are stock lights from a Buell Blast.

I know of good lights from anywhere from $20 to $800. Just gotta find the right ones :)

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the ones i just bought apparently are projector lights. not just stock lights. i hope they fit... i guess ill know in about a week or so.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the only thing i dont get is if you look at the item description part on the lights where it says "complete set: both drivers side and passenger side" wht the hell does that mean? its a single light? i mean itd be cool if they sent me two... but what the hell? hope they know what theyre supposed to send.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts

This is the headlight you ordered (just the light, not the fairing)

The 'complete set' thing must be a message they apply to all lights, including their car lights.

The stock Blast headlight -is- a projector light. You could have bought both pieces from a Buell dealer, but the lens you bought is an aftermarket 'true white' style lens.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
The ebay auction says it includes the H4 xenon bulbs, but do you have HID ignitors and ballasts to run the xenon setup? Might have to convert the wiring harness too, the buell site said it only came with the stock harness

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
That's a good point. You're probably going to either have to drop change for the HID set-up ($$$) or buy some halogen H4 bulbs.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ohhhh... good call haelo. i know nothing about buells. thanks for clearing that up. i think im gonna buy one of the fairings if i can find it for cheap too. or i might just make my own... we'll see when the light gets here.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it says it comes with H4 bulbs. whats the problem? btw i'm electric retarded. i can fab shit up, but wiring is by far my weak point.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
H4 is just a type of dual-filament headlight bulb, but the auction says "H4 xenon bulb". Xenon bulbs have higher luight output, but need more power to start and run, so you need an ignitor and ballast to run a true HID setup, because right now all you have is the lens and the bulb.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Xenon is a different gas. Normal bulbs are halogen. Xenon is High Intensity Discharge lights. They're brighter and burn colder, but require different electrics to use.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so basically i can either get a new wiring harness for an HID setup or get halogen bulbs? what do you recommend? what would probably be cheaper?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts