Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.New to the forum and in the process of a big face lift to my 99 bandit 12.Will give you guys a rundown on whats been done/being done.
Chassis.
05 gsxr 1000 forks/wheel and triples.
Jmc 6 inch over, braced swingarm.
07 Gsxr subframe and tail plastics.
Galfer wave rotors all round.
Engine.
1216 11.1 wiseco.
89 gsxr 750 cams.
Head out being ported at the moment.
Hindle headers and Holeshot pipe.
st 3 dale walker jetkit and k&n pods.(RS 38s going on soon)
Electrics.
Dyna 2000 ignition.
Dyna coils.
Acewell clock.
Single headlight.

Here are some pics.
How it was.

Now.
Subframe off and new one on.

Subframe mounts

Will add more pics and details at a later time.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Winter project

Subframe mounted up and infill panels cut to suit.

Busa rearsets mounted on lifter blocks

Galfer discs and carbon fender

Dyna coils relocated.

Fresh bore and 1216 pistons

Thats all for now will update as progress continues.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

Nice build so far welcome to CF.

·
Veni, vidi, vici
460 Posts

Welcome mate.
Really nice looking bike. JMC arms are so cool, love them.
Keep up the good work. :D

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

Damn man that tail is %100 better! Can't wait to see a full picture of the bike with it on...
And yeah, props for the sweet JMC bling!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks guys for the positive replies.Will update as things progress.Body work is painted now ,just waiting for carbon fiber tail wings to appear from e blag.Will get some more pics and stuff up later on.:D

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Been a while for an update.Got it all finished now and been on the dyno for final setup.Final figures were 142 hp and 87 ftlbs torque.Comparison bandit on same dyno with oversize valves, 1216 bore and 370 web cams with stock carbs and pipe was 132hp and 82 ftlbs torque.Quite happy with my figures for 1216 ,RS38 ,hindle system ,gsxr750 cams.Here some pics of almost finished project.(I know they are never finished.lol)

Happy with how its turned out and makes me grin every time Im out on it.1216 well worth it!!!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

Nice work tail does flow great with the bike. Just missing 1 thing........A VIDEO!!!

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts

That's a great thing to be proud of. Heck of a Bandit you got there. And I was happy with 117 HP, now I see that that is not enough. So thank you for that. HAHA

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Not been on for a while but thought I would update.Been riding a bit this summer and added a few more bits and pieces.NRC covers,ohlins steering damper and made new headlight brackets.Something was missing tho...Been talking to a guy in the UK some may know him..Dave Dunlop.So one thing led to another and today a turbo kit has been bought for the bandit.Will be the next winter project to get this all fitted up.Will update with pics soon.Looking forward to turbo power......:rock::rock:

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hi all.Been a while but thought I would update again.Like I was talking about turbo kit was ordered and has now arrived.Nice piece of kit for sure.Plan is to lower compression by using a block spacer which has been ordered but is on back order.Should be here in a couple of weeks.Got head studs and few other bits and pieces already.Lock up clutch also has arrived as Im sure that will be required....Looking forward to this winters fun and getting all this figured out...Will try and keep a detailed build thread so as to maybe help others who are thinking of turboing.First time down the turbo route for me so will be learning as I go too.Any way enough blabbing here some pics.

That's all for now.Will update as I actually start the install in the future.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Started on mock up tonite to figure out where I can fit fuel reg and pump etc.Real tight on space because of gsxr subframe and where I have the coils mounted.Looks like will have to shift wires and coils slightly.No big deal but still not straight forward.Got the reg into a suitable position so as the fuel return has clear run to the tank as possible without kinks or awkward angles.Fuel pump looks like it should be easy to fit above the rear shock.Plenum fits nice but will have to modify clutch cable holder on the sprocket cover to clear it.Will also have to make mounts for plenum stay bars as I have cam to cam link pipes on.
Bit of work to do but will have a full day in the garage tomorrow so will post pics once I have actually got something to show!!:D

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Was able to get some time on the bike today.Got stuff mocked up.Made mounting posts for plenum stays,rerouted wiring,mounted fuel pump and shifted coils a bit.Lots of time spent for not much to show!!Removed exhaust and tried to mount turbo exhaust,not so easy!!!Had a helluva time mounting it on a spare head I had.Got it on but will have to try and massage the pipes to fit better for actual fitment on bike.Here some pics.

That's it for now.:D

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Spent a bit of time yesterday getting headers mounted and turbo fitted up.Had to modify crossbrace on frame for clearance.Turbo now fitted where it needs to be.All the modding for fitment now done.Next on the list will be take it all off and get the motor ready for turboing.Lower compression and check head/valves etc.No real hurry as winter is upon us.Will be slow and steady.Looking into getting a wideband AF meter too.Anyone have any input on which to get?Was looking at Innovate ??
Some pics.

That's it for now.:D

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Well hopefully"" shit snacks"" is a good thing Dr Jellyfingers!!!!Work been getting in the way again but managed to spend some time in the cave over the weekend.
Pulled the turbo setup off and got the motor out .Bit of a bitch to do on your own but managed without too much drama!!!
Got the motor up onto the work stand and stripped it down.Bores looked good after 4000km.Pistons were good too.
Degreased and painted the barrels as they were a bit scabby lookin.Pulled the old studs and fitted A.P.E heavy duty studs.Old studs came out no probs,chased threads on cases and fitted new studs without issue.
De carbonised piston crowns,lookin like new again.
Head will be dropped off tomorrow for a freshen up and maybe stainless valves.See what the guy recommends and take it from there.
Anyway here some pics,not too exciting but better than no progress!!!:D

Lots of little stuff to do in the meantime so will update as the build progresses!!!Later..

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts

You do some damn fine work Suban! Clean, precise........love the pics & sorry I missed your "welcome in" thread. Keep up the good work! :D

Reactions: Suban12
1 - 20 of 90 Posts