Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
U make it look so easy
Haha.Wasnt too difficult.Kit was built pretty good.Building your own turbo would be a challenge.Basic engine building and bolting some shit together!!Didn't want to bore you guys with engine build pics.Besides better to concentrate at the task in hand instead of messing around with pics.
Got some oil leaks sorted today after a few tries.Oil feed and return was giving some grief but all sorted now.Boost gauge plumbed in also.
Waiting on sprockets to arrive then on the road after that.Then the fun begins with tuning etc!!!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi all.Finally got this buttoned up as far as the build goes.Sprockets arrived and fitted up.Gsxr rear wheel fitted with top hat spacers for smaller axle.Had to flip the gsxr sprocket so as it sat inboard for the chain run to be right.
Checked the ignition timing as I did not trust the chincy bracket that dyna gives you.Good that I did cause the dyna bracket markings were a couple of degrees out.
So after all this was checked and all the loose ends were finished yesterday it was time for the initial run.Had some oil leak issues to fix but nothing major.Took it for a break in run of 20 miles or so.Changed oil and checked the bike over.Took it out again today and started to increase revs load etc.Pulls quite well and feels like a stock bandit off boost.Did a drag launch to see what it would do......MMMMMM got some traction issues as it lights the rear easily when boost kicks in....FUN.
I cant wait till its time to wind on the throttle and see what it will do!!!!
Here some pics and a short video.Not the best vid but you will get the idea im sure.

Home made piston stop.

Checking timing.

Vortex steel sprocket and 530 zzz chain.

Straight chain run and rebuilt/resprung Fox shock.

Not the best vid but hey...Sorry about photobucket vid just click photo and it should take u there!!!
That's all for now.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Been riding around a bit and getting the bugs sorted.Had some rear brake issues and had to shim caliper to get it sitting right and not rubbing.Fitted a 02 gsxr 1000 caliper as I like the gold instead of black.
Checked valves and synced carbs today.Couple of valves needed adjusting so not too bad.
Acewell was giving grief too.After some investigating found some wiring issues,bad contact from acewell wiring block but fixed now.
Fucking rearsets broke at the gearshifter mount so found a replacement set but they are chromed so may mix and match with the old ones.See how it looks I guess.Still waiting for them to arrive so off the road again for a bit!!!
Summer is disappearing fast .Hate how the whole summer has been either working or fixing small problems with bike .Should expect it with a new built bike I guess.Hopefully all will be sorted for next riding season.May even get a few runs down the strip before the end of season I hope!!If not next year for sure.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well been a while.Few pics from before yesterdays ride.Then the aftermath..........Fucker was running great then.....Started running shitty.Came home and did leakdown test not good.Cyl 3 60%....FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!Oh well the joys of learning turbo stuff...

Then now!!!

That's it for now....Rebuild time I guess!!!!FUCK is the word at the moment!!!!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thinking it could have been a carburation issue for some reason.Will go thru carbs with a fine tooth comb!!!Was running great!!Thought I had got lucky!!Not so much....Will figure it out tho.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Guess it got hot and started to fuck the piston..Weird shit going on as 1 and 3 plugs looked good.2 and 4 were sooty.1and2 leakdown was good.3 and 4 60% and 40%.Threw some solvent at the valves and leaked instantly.Thinking the shop I put it to didn't do a good job on the valves....Think I may have to send the head to the states to get a full stainless valve job and recut seats etc.At least I will know its done right.Any recommendations?APE or who else?Not going to fuck around this time....

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yep.But the only way you learn is by going for it and fucking up along the way!!!This is whats going on here!!!!!LOL

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Right on man.Go for it you will like turbo power.Only thing is be prepared to eat tires and chains !!Got a 530 zzz supposedly no stretch!!!!Bs!! thing is stretching like a mofo!!Think my issue with motor was bad luck with one carb,Seems to be the case with turbo motors !!Steep learning curve but worth every hour and hassle for the fun that they give!!!
Mine was running at 9 psi only.Pulls like crazy and spins tire in the first three gears!4 and 5 are a little more civilized!!But crank on it and will still pull hard in the top gears!Loads of fun!!!:rock:

41 - 60 of 90 Posts