Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Nothing too much to report...past couple of days have been measuring and cleaning shit ready for rebuild.Decided to replace crank with a spare I had as the original was a bit scored up .
Went and ordered a bunch of parts today.....ouch wallet didn't like that.Of course some are on back order....might get it built by February...not really a surprise I guess.
Clutch was pretty fried up...guess it doesn't like 222hp...lol.Lucky I had a spare clutch pack in a gsx 1100f that I bought for spares.Also lucky it uses the same plates as 88 gsxr 11.Saved a chunk of change there...
So here it is as of right now ...waiting game.
Few pics just because...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Had another afternoon in the garage.Cleaning shit and all that fun stuff....decided to pull down spare motor i picked up which was in a gsx 1100f.Found a couple of surprises....good one was it had brand new never ran 1168 wiseco 12.1 pistons and obviously block bored to suit.For sale if anyone wants it.
Other surprise was head had been fucked around with....drain tubes and plates had been removed for some obscure reason.....basically made this head scrap I would say.Sure suzuki put them there for a reason...
Shame really as new valve seals and valves lapped in this head.
Some folks really should have tools removed from their possession.......Few pics

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Few pics of the head fuckery....no idea WHY anyone would do this.Makrs no sense....

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Been months since any updates...finally got all parts that had been ordered. Build will commence in the next day or two.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Had a bit of time in the garage today so got on with the build .Least favorite part is done ,all plastigauged for clearances.Hayabusa rods fitted and bottom end built up.Parts getting used up fast ....

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Had a productive couple of days in garage after being away from home for work.Motor built up and installed in frame.
Changed cams to powerscreen cams I had sitting as were in better shape than the bandit cams .Timed in to 108 in 110 ex ,see what that does as opposed to stock timing. Ape cam wheels used i had sitting around.
Decided to strip and check carbs as they were running rich at low throttle/town riding.Found emulsion tubes were ovalled after less than 4k since installed before.
Upon further investigating found plastic slides and guides were worn out.....ffs.
Whole bunch of carb shit ordered now...
Some pics of progress.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Here's where we are at right now..pretty much everything done which i can do until carb parts come in.
Dyno jet needles are worn too as well as slides and guides.
Have different needles to try so may have to adjust jetting again.
One carb diaphragm had a pin hole too, so all this was playing against having a decent running bike!!
Painted rearset mounting plates as they were marked up.Lots of little jobs being tackled as I'm now waiting on parts.Moved extra breather to centre of cover ....and the list of changes will probably keep going as I wait on parts...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
Two things -
-This is going to be an awesome bike! Love seeing what you're putting together here, great work
-This confirms my feelings about carbuerators. Fuck em.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts