Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old fart biker
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter project ZX7

So this guy I work with says my nephew left a bike in my garage and he doesn't want it anymore I have the title, you know anyone who might want it, it's free. Hmmmmm I wonder who would ever want a free bike? Well I suppose I do have an empty spot in my garage I guess I could help you out and move it outta your garage for you :Evil_smile: . So Sunday morning true to my word I show up with my trailer and help him out by removing that piece of junk for him. Cool just have to pay for a new title SCORE!!!!! OK get it home pressure wash it after checking it over and seeing a couple of small coolant leaks in hoses, and typical oily grimy dirty crap all over. Throw the charger on it hmmm OK we have lights, engine rolls over, let it sit a bit. Time for a beverage and contemplate while we're waiting. Let's pull off some of the body work; OK no air box but K&N oval pods and a breather that explains the oily junk on the engine cases. A little starter fluid roll the engine again OK it fired didn't stay running but it fired. So we have spark, compression, and it had fuel all the ingredients needed for a running engine. Things are looking up, well it has 25 year old plastic so guess what we're not going to try to salvage. Tires dry rotted, clutch doesn't work. Going to need to be stripped down and gone through. Guess I just found my winter project. OK guys I'm lazy and hate to reinvent the wheel so I'm open to your ideas of what has worked for you I love using good ideas. Am I going to build it like you’d want your bike to look noooo, but I will use ideas I like and I feel are feasible to use on mine. And yes I will be looking though the site for ideas as well, I'm not THAT lazy. Anyway here’s a couple of pic’s as it rolled off the trailer, Gotta love teens, and 20 somethings with sport bikes notice the devil women on the side case LOL. Yeah that’s gonna help you score with the ladies. I’ll keep posting pictures and progress reports. Thanks

http://s949.photobucket.com/user/bi...0130929-00067_zps1ad4d7ab.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s949.photobucket.com/user/bi...0130929-00064_zps684d403d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts

Looks like a good bike for free.

Later, Doug

·
Old fart biker
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gotta love kids that have no desire to wrench, and it's too expensive for them to have someone else fix it. I know I'll have fun with it

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
First thing rip her clothes off and sell them to help fund the build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts