Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i want wire wheels on my 99 bandit 12. any ideas ? black rim and hub with red spokes and white wall tires

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just like these but no perimater, stock bandit forrks and calipers. i know i seen a r6 or something in an old 2 wheel tuner mag.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Check with American Wire Wheels...they may do something, or know more about it at least.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
try contacting TALON, they build alot of supermoto hubs. maybe they can do something for your bike. probably won't be cheap though. OR, you can dig around a junk yard and see if you can match something up, you need something with the same axle diameter, rotor and sprocket bolt patterns, and the right rotor offset to bolt it on. there are ways of making things fit though, spacers, adapters, etc, are fairly simple to make.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres alittle of the one from 2 wheel tuner. i just like em for some reason. maybe cus my tail is kinda bobberish it fits the vintage streetfighter theme i guess. guess i got alot of callin on monday.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
kokomo that bike /\ is done by ricks motorcycles which is like an hour away from me. i talk regularly to a guy up there for salvage stuff at work. mbe i can find out what route they went to do that up.

other than that...id be reading some chopper mags and websites for that kind of thing.

·
265 Posts
You could try these guyshttp://http://www.buchananspokes.com/

Dymag also sells spoked rims for newer bikes. In the Jan. issue of 2 Wheel Tuner there is an ad for oncycles.com the U.S. distributor for Dymags . There is a picture of the wheel in their ad. They are expensive. If you go to the oncycles website they have a wheel fitment section where you can find out if they make them for your bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you ever find out what wheels would work for your application? I am currently looking for spoked wheels for my GSXR1000 front end and I have a single sided swingarm that im probably going to use a spoked car wheel for.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Those are sweet Scrapyard! That's the first time I've seen aftermarket wire spoked/tubeless rims. Only ones I knew of were the BMW GS stockers. Too bad they don't make them in "big bike" sizes...

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Those look cool as hell, but no way I am trusting CF for wheels...I have seen links of CF mags exploding.

·
British Rider
216 Posts
are spoked wheels pretty popular over there like? not realy summet i wudda considered but surprisingly they look the part on the above bikes

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nope spokes arent popular here. just on fat hogs and old jap bikes. i think their very under rated. i want some on mine bad but nobody here can make them for a decent price. im not paying a grand a piece for a damn rim. spokes on cruiser are like 150 each.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts