Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mr. Good Kat
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Andy @Bandit1052 ! I never knew about such devices / control boxes. I guess they are doing the same thing as the M-Unit.

I was thinking on using the standard parts (TCI, rectifier, relays, fuse boxes, etc.) and recreate the connections between them in a more simplistic and well done manner, the opposite to the huge standard electrical harness. I am asking about a source for good quality wires.

I am having several questions regarding the wiring selection: what section diameter should I pick? 1 mm per wire is a good pick? I found the 'ready-to-go' kits are using 0.7 mm diameter wires, but I think they are pretty thin.

Should I use relays for headlight's low / high beam and for horn?

·
Registered
600er Bandit mit 1052 ccm GSXR Motor
296 Posts
Hi Vlad,

Do you want to use a box or is your question only because of the cable cross-section. That makes a difference if you don't use a box.

But 1mm³ is a good cross-section for your moped

·
Mr. Good Kat
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Andy! Well, I've not yet decided if I will use a box or just figure out a way to just use the standard electric configuration. The TU250x Volty is a simple air-cooled, single cylinder engine, with minimal electronics. I just want to make a new wiring harness with less wires than the original, and better organized under the seat.

·
Registered
600er Bandit mit 1052 ccm GSXR Motor
296 Posts
Unfortunately, this won't work with the buttons alone! Either a control box or several relays. Unfortunately !!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,081 Posts
I don’t know of any places in Europe but I get factory style connectors through several places here in the US.

Vintage Connections
Eastern Beaver
Cycle Terminal

For wire, there’s a seller on eBay that sells automotive TXL wire with lots of colors and most available with different color stripes.

I wouldn’t think you will need any bigger than 18ga for most circuits and maybe bump up to 16 or maybe 14ga for the main ground and power circuit.

Later, Doug

·
Mr. Good Kat
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don’t know of any places in Europe but I get factory style connectors through several places here in the US.

Vintage Connections
Eastern Beaver
Cycle Terminal

For wire, there’s a seller on eBay that sells automotive TXL wire with lots of colors and most available with different color stripes.

I wouldn’t think you will need any bigger than 18ga for most circuits and maybe bump up to 16 or maybe 14ga for the main ground and power circuit.

Later, Doug
Hey, Doug. I know that in US you can get everything you want, don't need to shove that in my European face. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Joke aside, I've bought in the past several connectors from the US, but now this is not an option because of the taxes and long waiting time. As an ultimate resort, I might get myself an M Unit...if I'll rob a bank first. :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

Cheers bro!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts