Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took off the front fairing and headlight assembly of my '02CBR600.

HOLY WIRES BATMAN!!!!!!

What do you guys do to get such a clean look on the front of your bikes?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Took off the front fairing and headlight assembly of my '02CBR600.

HOLY WIRES BATMAN!!!!!!

What do you guys do to get such a clean look on the front of your bikes?
Cut wires... remove unnecessary electrical components... reroute the wires underneath something... redo the harness completely...

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Yes, I know how to soldier.

Do you just cut off all of the connectors?
I'm not stalking you , just tryin to help and bored to shit at work ! hahahahah

with everything disassembled, pull all the slack and check to see first what will rerout and stuff under your tank, that's the norm. figure out what wires you need headlight, ignition, turnsignals, exc. take your time with it. It's something that takes a little thought to get it clean. There is no simple way, but you must share if you find a shortcut or eisier way. :D

·
98 Posts
I tucked my wiring all in between the front of the frame and the airbox (above the ignition coils on my F3) and then ran the wires back on the inside of the frame tucked between frame and airbox. Then i located the battery under the tank/seat (more forward than originally) which gave me bunch of slack to pull all the wiring up and tuck it into the subframe. The only wires you can see on my bike go to the pulsar, speed sensor, and rear brake switch, and the ones to the front controls - and i didnt cut any components out. Its just a matter of rerouting in some cases.

·
Broke
4 Posts
Funny this thread should be here, just yesterday I did the same thing.

However, I can open my entire harness, and changed the length of tons of wires to get the routing I wanted. It took a soldering gun, lots of electrical tape, and a shit load of patience. It's very intimidating to look at tons of wires blown up in your face.

For the simplest, I suggest not doing what I did. I suggest doing your best to just remove the harness, and route it where you need it, and only route lights outside of the frame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts