1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay here is what i found...

my wires:

05 CBR600rr diagram

I have already taken the switch apart and eliminated the horn and high beam wires, and i removed the clutch switch, so whats left looks like:

light blue: right turn signal
light blue/white: hazard? signal return?
orange: left turn signal
orange/white: hazard? signal return?
black: hot
gray: ?

I dont remember if the control has a hazard switch or not. either way, the orange/white and blue/white both go straight to the turn signal and nowhere else. is it safe to splice them in with their respective sold colors? i only have two wires on my turn signals... and what is the gray?!

thoughts?
~Chris

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
The wiring diagram doesn't blow up enough for me to read all the text but here's what I came up with:
Light Blue/Wht = Right running light
Orange (red)/Wht = Left running light
Black = Constant power from gauge indicator lights
Blue = Right turn signals
Orange (red) = Left turn signals
Gray = power from turn signal relay(?)

Just as a note of caution, I'm really good with wiring but I'm color-blind so don't take my advice as 100% accurate when I mention a color that's close in shade to another color.

Later, Doug

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wiring diagram doesn't blow up enough for me to read all the text but here's what I came up with:
Light Blue/Wht = Right running light
Orange (red)/Wht = Left running light
Black = Constant power from gauge indicator lights
Blue = Right turn signals
Orange (red) = Left turn signals
Gray = power from turn signal relay(?)

Just as a note of caution, I'm really good with wiring but I'm color-blind so don't take my advice as 100% accurate when I mention a color that's close in shade to another color.

Later, Doug
So far as i know you got all the colors right. That information is very helpful. What do i do with the gray wire? i am not using a turn signal relay, but i do have to incorporate the flasher.

here is what i am mating the control wiring to.

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Going by your diagram here's how I'd connect them.

Harness / Switch
Orange -> Gray {Power}
Brown -> Orange (red) {Left T.S.}
Green -> Light Blue {Right T.S.}

Since you don't have running lights then you could strip out the light blue/wht and orange/wht to help clear up some wiring.

When I swapped controls on my Gsxr with newer pieces some of the wiring didn't make sense so I peeled the wire covering all the way back to the housing so I could trace each function of the wires and trim what I could. On my newer switch I actually gained a hazard switch and flash-to-pass button so that made mine a bit more complicated since I didn't have those on the older switch housing.

Later, Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts