Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 ninja 500r, Im looking to swap out the lights to the madass dual projectors, which are h3's. What kind of wiring do i need to do and what relay do i need? I would like to use 1 as a low beam and both for high beam. can i use stock wiring harness, or what do i need to wire up? Im not too good with electrical. thanks

I want to put these lights on...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dirt-bike-M...Parts_Accessories&hash=item23163951ed&vxp=mtr

·
Endomorph
83 Posts
Any auto parts store will have the appropriate relay for you. Are you going to run standard 50w bulbs? What is the output(amps) of your alt? Other accesories? As you can see, there are a few different variables at play, but almost every instance I would opt for a relay. The stock bulb is usually around 35 watts and is wired accordingly. Use the existing wiring to engage the relay, but run a new fused (15a fuse) 18-16 awg power wire (bigger can tolerate higher amperes) to the load side of the relay to power the new lighting. Hope this helps....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, makes sense. Im going from a 55w H4 to two 55w H3's. On the wiring diagram, it shows the relay having four numbers, what do those numbers stand for? also, my stock wiring has three wires, a thick black one, a red/yellow with a fuse, and a red one. I figure the black is negative, red/yellow is positive, and the red one, i dont know. I can use these wires to wire up the new lights, correct? then add another wire directly to the positive battery to power the lights?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts