Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a few really unknown locations dotted through my state that are real gems for a cornering enthusiast or a touring buff alike. My favorite is my last trip of the year to ride, the mighty 10 mile stretch known as "Mindoro cut", or formally known as state highway 108. The most fantastic ribbon of asphalt on earth in my opinion. A little slice of deals gap as most call it, I say the challenge is equal and the response time double for any emergency, should you stuff it into the retaining cables and manage to not take a nice plunge off the edge, or if you were to stack up into the rock walls on the other side of the road. :nuts:

Every picture is of a separate corner, and that school bus was doing a Y turn int he middle of the hairpin after the blind left hand corner too. :D

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I wish there were roads half as good as that anywhere close to me. The Closest one 2-3 hours away

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish there were roads half as good as that anywhere close to me. The Closest one 2-3 hours away

It's just about every square mile of the driftless here in Wisco is twisty as hell. Most of it is pretty high speed stuff, but there is quite a few roads that are some rather serious stuff.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
cheers Ben'awesom pics and nice vid on tha poppy Honda LOL(backfiring?) now I going ta get me arse out to the 'montain' twistys here this afternoon.;)

if I can tear meself away from work:( (anda nu project I got las week :wtf:)

·
or just jay
1,894 Posts

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
I loved the Wildcat mountain & Mindoro cut areas when I lived in Wisco. Now that I live in VA, twisties are just minutes instead of hours away :)
Where in va u talkin about?

·
Eddie
13 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I am busting to actually get out on my bike. i have finally settled in Chicago for a while after moving here from Australia. I've brought my bike with me and just had it registered.

I'm looking to get out on Labor Day weekend and just go find myself some twisties and this looks great.

Excuse the ignorance but i have no idea of the area. if i chuck myself a backpack on, head for Wisconsin and look for a motel or something for the Sat and maybe Sunday night - do you think i can wind my way through enough roads to make your spot a good start for a 2 day trip?

I really am not that fussed where i go - i just want to find tarmac and turns

Thanks for the advice!

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was good to meet ya, Dave! Was alot of fun sharing motorcycle stories and having a few drinks. After seeing the footage Toc got from today I really wish I would have had a bike sorted out. Gotta get back to riding again next season, I should have my Bandit done by then.

:letsride:

A few cool shots. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts