Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,698 Posts
He's a member here, just almost never posts. He owns Bargain Barn Cycle in Edgerton, Wi, for anyone needing random cheap parts. google it and call him

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Ryan's an awesome guy. I've gotten several parts from him and he helped me get off some rock hard tires.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That shit is just crazy

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
There is a few of us Wisco guys that ride sportbikes on the ice in the winter. :D

Seems the further Ryan develops his tire setup the faster he gets out there. I'm waiting for word the record is approaching the 130mph mark. He seems to be hell bent on raising the bar until it is impossible to go faster. :nuts:

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
Ryan has a prosthetic leg too.
not sure why that matters.

if i had a prosthetic leg i'd personally rather that detail be left out so people wouldn't call me "brave" and "a hero" for doing what i would've done fake leg or real leg. :doh:

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So if he DIDNT wear the prothesis and did openly without limb could we then talk about how badass it was !?

It would seem your implyin the use of prosthesis is an attempt to "mask" the injury and therefore us discussing it is against his wishes ..... and makes us rude and intrusive.

Pardon the simple folks as they are still suprised at what human can achieve with falsies on.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
So if he DIDNT wear the prothesis and did openly without limb could we then talk about how badass it was !?

It would seem your implyin the use of prosthesis is an attempt to "mask" the injury and therefore us discussing it is against his wishes ..... and makes us rude and intrusive.

Pardon the simple folks as they are still suprised at what human can achieve with falsies on.

What the hell are you talking about :doh:

people like to praise others abilities when they are disabled, due to the fact that they are disabled, pretty soon its the only thing they talk about being called a hero and brave when they are just doing what they want to do and would normally do.

if i ever lost a body limb i'd keep doing whatever i could and i would promptly tell people to fuck off that wish to call me a hero and amazing for basic will to live, its insulting. Human will isn't bravery or a special feat.

we have people that can chime in here but if i was unfortunate enough to have to wear a prosthetic leg i would want no mention of it if i completed an amazing task while wearing my prosthetic leg.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
for example

I use to have a friend that lost 4 of his digits iraq. he would ride his motorcycle and do whatever he could do, asking me for help when he couldn't do something.

Well this didn't stop fucking yuppies from coming up to him at gas stations saying OMG U LOST 4 OF YOUR FINGERS BUT U ARE STILL RIDING A MOTORCYCLE!? U R MAH HERO!

I respect nothing more than someone that is too stubborn to know when to quit, or maybe too stupid?

human will is an amazing thing when met with a set of challenges, do not patronize it.

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
To respect someone and admire them for doing something shouldn't be criticized.

People appreciate underdogs and people that do things which are harder.

Don't be upset with them. They are the just trying to encourage. Maybe it's stupid. Or they sound stupid but they are genuinely impressed and appreciative.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Having watched the first record set, and talking to Ryan myself at the event, I had totally forgotten he was less part of his leg. I remember the news mentioning his crash and the story of his recovery. The guy is a dyed in the wool rider and nothing will stop that. Respect because he beat me to a record I dreamed of for alot of years. Not because he did it with one fully functioning leg.

The only time I noticed something was amiss, was when he was hand shifting from 1st up to 3rd without the clutch toward the end of the day. :D

I so badly want to offer him my turbo Bandit.... :knucks:

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
There is a few of us Wisco guys that ride sportbikes on the ice in the winter. :D

Seems the further Ryan develops his tire setup the faster he gets out there. I'm waiting for word the record is approaching the 130mph mark. He seems to be hell bent on raising the bar until it is impossible to go faster. :nuts:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts