Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to make my '02 CBR600F4i naked or "streetfighter" as you may. I removed my front fairing and headlight assembly and now the bike wont start. I'm assuning that there is some sort of safety switch in there.

Can Someone tell me how to bypass this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I am pretty sure on that bike the tip over sensor is there somewhere in your upper pairing ??? I thinky !

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
that should help....my 600rr wouldnt start without the headlight connected either cuz of the tipover sensor not being connected. you either need to plug it in or bypass it.

·
Stiff Member
513 Posts
Here's a cut and paste from there:

If you have full fairings just remove the windscreen look just behind the instrument cluster for a small black box with 3 wires one red, one green and the other is white going to it (tip over sensor) then cut the tip over box off tie red to green and leave the white taped off. I did mine this way since I figured I wouldn’t need the tip over sensor again I just took the box out all together through the spot just under the forward section of the windscreen. This is how I have mine hooked up and I never had any problems with the bike dieing out on me after I removed the tip over and crossed my wires.

Sounds pretty simple. If you still can't get it let us know.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Did it recently on my CBR. Fan the threads of the wires out and cross them together (like you're weaving your fingers together). Twist them tightly and crimp them together with a wire nut. It looks like a mushroom cap and the crimp style are usually clear, not orange. Squeeze it with a crimp tool or pliers as hard as you can. Then yank the wires to make sure they're not easy to pull out.

You know what? Cause it would SUCK to have your bike shut off going down around a corner or up in a wheelie because of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts