Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,383 Posts
You're the only one that can answer that question. If it is a style you like and a motor you like then do it. Most of our members spend more money on their bikes than they'll ever get back out of them because it is a bike they love. If you're going to be doing the work yourself then you need to really like the bike or you're going to abandon it when things go bad.

Are you doing the work yourself? What is your wrenching background? Can you get a title?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, myself. Im a maintenance tech and have done alot of automotive work, I also have a buddy who grew up on and in motorcycles.the title is doable, may be a wait and a pain, but I think it'll be worth it. Forgot to mention he wants $400 for it. I'm not a huge fan of the fork and wheels but he'd be willing to take money off without them

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I'm not to familiar with everything, is it possible to go bigger in the engine department with this frame?

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,279 Posts
I would go for it if the money is good. That thing with 900rr suspension, and a different tail is money

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I know a guy with one of these punched out to over 1000cc and like 14 or 15 to one compression. to answer your other q. yes there is some potential there

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
*Just checked the listing again*

For the price (and included boxes of parts) you can't go wrong. I assume your local to Madison? I'm on the east side and would be happy to help out if you run into any snags building the bike back up to usable. I do nothing but deal with bikes and parts. Probably have a handful of '81 CB parts laying around (including a nice gauge cluster and a few other small things) that could fill some gaps if there are any. I've also got a CB750 on hand that I can check jetting on for running pod filters too if you want to ditch the airbox.

If you want a hand from a fellow CF member taking a look at the bike, fixing it, making a few custom parts to complete any swapped bits on it, whatevers clever, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my number and address. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts