Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering getting an easier-to-runner bike to keep me from going nuts while I finish the seca, and give me something new to play with when its done.

This bike looks like a nice potential fighter. That 20 valve engine was the SHIT when I was a young bike riding punk, so it has some nostolgia too.

Worth the price? If he's open, whats it reasonable to knock it down to?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/mcy/3919712669.html

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Go in there with cash in hand, offer him $400, and walk out of there with it for 5.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds likely, about what I was thinking. A lot would depend on whether it starts with a jump and runs as well as described, and on what damage I see. Obviously I don't care about plastics, but if the rest isn't good (or if the title isn't available) that's money and time I don't want to take.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Yeah I would walk without a title. Even if it's just something like dirty carbs keeping it from starting I'd still probably buy it.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, one untitled bike at a time is enough for me. :p

Agreed on the carbs - that's a cheap fix, and dirty carbs won't stop it starting in a 'proof of life' situation. That's what starter fluid is made for, right?

Is it rude to bring a compression tester with you when going to check a buy? Meh, fuck, what do I care from rude...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts