Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what would happen if I unplugged the secondary throttle plates so they would stay open? Would it work? Or would I go out in a blazing fireball?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: AdamTubb

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was really hoping someone already tried this, but I guess I'm the first, heading out into uncharted territory, the final frontier....I feel like somewhat of a crusader or hero if you will...

Meh maybe not, this is probably really stupid of me:laugh:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Don't do it man, it sucks; it makes your bike real jerky in the low range. I've had to ride with mine all the way open while I was getting my actuator repaired; I rode with them halfway closed because the engine will rev up when you pull the clutch in making your rideability plummet. You will not be able to shift smoothly with them gone and you actually lose power as it throws your torque curve to hell and back. I've seen a dyno of a bike with and without them, if I knew where I'd seen it I'd link it but the difference is very marginal.

Leave em in.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok I finally broke down and tore the thing all to hell, pump,filter,lines,injector,plugs...all of it blew the injectors out with WD-40 and air cleaned and flushed all the lines, tank, filters and what do ya know, problem solved, she's back up to snuff and terrorizing the countryside again, so I guess I don't have to remove the plates now, sounds like it would have been a bad idea anyway:laugh:

But I did install a belly pan today, it broke and all chopped up but it fit right on:)
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370309144.182977.jpg

·
Denver's new dad
946 Posts
looks good wiff tha belly pan

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, I think next it'll return to flat black with a white stripe, the blue is getting old, I like being able to repaint when I want, it's like havin a new bike every couple weeks:laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts