Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess you all know what my bike looks like so I wont post another picture, but I was looking on EBAY, and came across this F4I I wont say the H word because I may get associated with it at a later time.

so its kinda got me thinking what do you think My GIXER is worth, Ive never thought of selling it ever, but hmmm

but with a BUY it NOW price of seven thousand US .....Eeek

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
what we think our bikes are worth, we will never get.

Our bikes are ours cause we made them into what we feel we like. Even though I like the above bike(minus the tail), I know I can get a salvaged one for $2000 and do shit myself.

I wouldn't sell my bike for nothing under $6000. Mind you it was $5400 new.

PPL these days could care less about any modifications one has done to the bike. I went to a harley custom shop near me and a guy in there had just sold his SV. He told me the guy he sold it to didn't want the dual headlights and other stuf he put on it, so basicallt he changed the whole thing back to stock.

Alot of ppl consider bikes with mods like a girl that got gangbanged. Sure, I'd bang it, but don't expect me to pay for the room.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
another thing is seeing it arround town would drive me insane.
My bike dosnt owe me much, I havnt got too much money in it, its not financed in any way whats so ever, it goes like stink, No point in selling any bikes, I guess the idea is adding machines, not selling them,
seen a nice orignal 1988 Gixer 1100 in British Columbia

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
where did you find that f4i i wouldn't mind knowing what he has done to it so i can get some ideas for my f4i fighter

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
Britjoe said:
I was looking on EBAY, and came across this F4I
yah, i've seen that f-4eeezy on ebay before as well. and i said.... GODDAAAAAAAM! 7 G'S?!!

you can rarely get back what you put into something. . . so make sure you wanna keep it forever before you go spending every dam dime you got!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Britjoe said:
another thing is seeing it arround town would drive me insane.
My bike dosnt owe me much, I havnt got too much money in it, its not financed in any way whats so ever, it goes like stink, No point in selling any bikes, I guess the idea is adding machines, not selling them,
seen a nice orignal 1988 Gixer 1100 in British Columbia
only two of my real customs have i ever sold locally, for that same reason. the guy i sold my 7/12 to said he was gonna put an rc51 full fairing on it, and go back to clip-ons.. i coulda cried.

my cafe racer was sold to a friend, who prompty tore it all down and swapped back to a twin shock frame, after i spent all that time converting to a mono-shock... again.. almost tears.

my rigid chopper i sold to another friend, who's a machinist in the navy, and has access to equipment i could only dream of, and he took that bike to a whole new level. that one, i don't mind seeing as much as possible.

BUT, everything (for me anyway) can be for sale for the right price. i had $600 in the chopper, sold it for $3000, and $500 in the cafe bike, sold it for $3500, so i couldn't complain too much.

i have about $1500 in the 954, and my nieghbor wants it baaaad, and offered me $3500....hmmmmm... :D

nah, i like this one too much... but maybe for $4000....lol

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
thats ruff skrooze, especially after you put all that work into em to make them better, and/or different. then they do work to make it more normal. haha. mbe you should stop sellin em. haha.

i hear you on the right price thing tho....shit id consider selling one of my :honda: for the right price. :nuts:

·
hack
729 Posts
everything I own is for sale for the right price, you can put a $ in front of love. its just a bigger number (saw that in a fortune cookie once)

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
My '00 Gixxer would be tough to sell...the ninja is possible, but I'm such a packrat with normal shit, when it's a bike, the offer better be good.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
endo said:
My '00 Gixxer would be tough to sell...the ninja is possible, but I'm such a packrat with normal shit, when it's a bike, the offer better be good.
how about some cookies:D ,come on their home made,and not by me

i know what you mean when i sold the rc51 it killed me but it was for the better,plus it went to an uber hot chick,i currently have the 929 up for sale,to buy and r1
im gunna miss that bike,but i have to go back to my first love

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
haha...what kind of cookies?

lol

My Gixxer is a definite no no, extremely sentimental. It belonged to my best friend and riding partner Blaine, who got me back onto two wheels, and I owe him for giving me the passion for this, and my current path in life. He passed away 2 years ago from Cancer (Melanoma). He was 26, got diagnosed on his 26th birthday (day after my 20th), died two months later. I promised him in the hospital that I would do anything to make sure that bike stayed close, and I did...it's mine, and it will be as long as possible. I attempted to sell it to pay for school, but my girlfriend and our respective parents wouldn't let me. They allowed me to go to school and keep my baby.

RIP Blaine!

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
dude i hear ya my bike i hate it but i love it the thing damn near killed me but for some reason i cant just get rid of her there is no price to this bike it dragged me outta a depression that i can't just give it up now that bike showed me that there is freedom in something

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
I have more recently been shot into a world where money is tight. I usually (no, always) have to sell my current project to fund the next. But for me the build is as fun as the ride (almost). And I find the day after most bikes are finnished I'm bored with it and pining to build the next. It's an addiction I've learned to live with.

Glen.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
g-style street-fighter said:
I have more recently been shot into a world where money is tight. I usually (no, always) have to sell my current project to fund the next. But for me the build is as fun as the ride (almost). And I find the day after most bikes are finnished I'm bored with it and pining to build the next. It's an addiction I've learned to live with.

Glen.
you say that untill you build a bke that you cant get rid of,and the very thought of selling it would make you sick:evilred:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
g-style street-fighter said:

Glen.

i'm right there with you. build cheap, sell high, fund the next one.

it still sucks watching someone else ride off on your creation though.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Yeah my last bobber I did 'er all flat / gloss black. I painted the tank red and covered it with black with a flattening agent in it. then proceded to lightly hand rub (wet sand) to get the "ol skool rod" look of being painted black over red about 40 years ago and then left in a fence row ever since. By far the most time consuming paint job I've ever done (without an airbrush) and it was mostly one of a kind.

The guy who bought it off me promply painted it shiny and added a buncha chrome.

Fuckin RUBS (rich urban biker skum - to the uninitiated)

But, $500 investment in the bike. $ 3500 payout. It's all good as long as he don't tell no one I built it that way!!!!!!!!!

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
does any one have any more pics of that f4i fighter at the start of this thread i really want to see more pics

·
313 Posts
I am pretty sure Jello's blue book is about $2000us and that is what she is worth to most people.

Not me and that is all that matters. :) I do not do a mod wondering how it will effect the resale value. :)
I want lighter, faster. :)

I cannot see him getting $7000us for that. I agree with everything enrico vespa said except the last part. lol

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
Britjoe said:
So I guess you all know what my bike looks like so I wont post another picture, but I was looking on EBAY, and came across this F4I I wont say the H word because I may get associated with it at a later time.

so its kinda got me thinking what do you think My GIXER is worth, Ive never thought of selling it ever, but hmmm

but with a BUY it NOW price of seven thousand US .....Eeek

If someone offered me enough money I would sell mine. I like change, so it would just be an excuse to start building another one. I have about $13,000 invested and alot of time on my GSXR, but I'd let her go tomorrow for $12,000. I also have a 900RR in the works that would be sold in a heart beat for $2,500.. Hell, everything I own is for sale for the right price. 10,000,000. and I'll sell you a hot little redhead that can cook..:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts