Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard of people doing this but i havent seen a forum or even a bike done like this. What i'm talking about is people buying wrecked bikes and taking the pieces that they want from it and selling the rest, and doing this repeatedly until they have made a bike by doing this. What i am trying to say is has anyone here done this, and if so please post pics and info on your fighter/bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
269 Posts
People typically buy the parts they need/want rather than buy multiple bikes and selling the unused parts. Selling used parts isn't as easy or fast as some may think. I have parts in my garage I couldn't sell that I'm using to build my new fighter, and I have parts I can't sell because there's no desire for them, so they'll go to the metal recycling place for a little money.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
There are a few hardcore builders who may do that, and a few guys who've just been doing this so long they have 5 project bikes they never got around to finishing so they cannabalize parts from...but for me, I don't have the time, rescources, or fore-sight to buy whole bikes for a few parts. Usually I'll see a guy parting out a bike and just get the parts I need.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
it seems like most times when i buy parts i get extra shit that i dont need. after selling off the extra parts from my original bike that i started with and anything else that i ended up with when getting parts for my build i dont really have much in my bike.

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i would assume it would be hard to sell the used parts unless there was a high demand for them. anyways thanks guys. :)

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
I bought a Srad it was stock in nice condition but a blown motor, I sold all the plastics the blown motor everything I didnt need and made money, then i bought a gixer 1000 sold the front end that was good rear wheel and a bunch of other stuff, and the story goes from there

Reactions: eatabullet

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I pretty much ended up buying a bike to steal what I want and sell the rest. That's not how it started but its how it is now. If I could afford to I still wouldn't just buy a whole bike for 1 part unless the price was right of course

·
Registered
118 Posts
We have a local shop name Dietz racing... the dude has everything for late model sport bikes. Walk in there and can leave with an entire bike in a crate. I go there and he just looks at what i have, asks what I want, and then brings out options for me to look at. Granted, this is more expensive than finding yourself but he has warranties and also the parts are guaranteed to be in excellent shape. Our project KZ is being built with 02 GSXR1000 parts :drinks:

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
at this point and time i have enough parts to build entire bike in my house... including engine :(
^ I dont see why you are upset about having plenty of parts to work with. I would assume it would be a good thing.
tucsonKZ1kP, Thats cool I haven't found any shops that do that but where i live there are shops that have aftermarket parts for them. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts