Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All submissions for the each issue of the CustomFighters.com Naked News Monthly Newsletter, need to be in no later than the 7th of each month in order to make the next issue.

We would love to see a lot of you get involved with this, the first issue was a great start, and lots of people really enjoyed it. For the first few days after the newsletter came out, it got more hits than the rest of the site put together! :rock:

If you are a builder, rider, racer, stunter, painter, fabricator, or anything else related to streetfighters and sportbikes, we'd love to hear from you!

We would love to see:
technical articles about building, modifying and maintaining bikes
workshops on riding, racing, or stunting techniques
reviews of streetfighter products, stunt videos, bike shows, etc.
funny mishaps when riding/working on bikes

We would really love to have some more of you do monthly columns, so if you have an idea in mind, let us know!

Other things of interest:

We are going to have several on-going sections, that are VERY easy for you all to contribute to.

Such as:

Do you know some great roads to ride on? Let us know! We would like to start running small thing each month naming some great riding locations to check out. Over time, we would like to use this information to build some sort of map system on the system highlighting all the different riding routes. :party-smiley:

Quick tech tips. We would like to start a section of little 1-2 line "Tech tips" each month

Things like:
Make sure your chain is adjusted properly! A loose chain can sometimes cause damage to your frame or engine case if it rubs, and a titght chain can cause premature engine, transmission or wheel bearing failure. Improper chain adjustment in either direction will shorten chain and sprocket life as well.

Compatible parts:
Have you figured out that a certain part from one bike works great on another bike? Let us know! We want to start a small section each month of new found compatible parts, and over time, we will compile them all into one big parts compatibility section for the site! :rock:

Also, if you are a builder, painter, racer, stunter, etc. and would like to be interviewed by us for the newsletter, let us know.

So... lets see what you've got! Fightering minds want to know!

Please email all submissions, and ideas to [email protected]

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
OH yeah..I still have to work on my thing...you know..that thing. :D:rock:

·
The Philosopher King
296 Posts
I will consider becoming a writer if you remove this damn block in the arcade that forces me to post in order to play!!

·
The Philosopher King
296 Posts
Premium members don't have to.. :)
was that an offer to pay my members fee... why thanks haelo.... If i had money i would join because i love this site, but i am a student living in the 56th most expensive city... You do the math

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i never got any newsletter??

oh...lol.... hey ab,i need to change the e-mail address on my account, i don't really use the one listed on this site any more.

anywho, i'd be willing to do some writing on anything if needed. dunno if i could throw something together by the 9th for this issue, but for future issues, i'm game. just pm me anything you think i may be able to help with, and i got you dawg.

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i never got any newsletter??

oh...lol.... hey ab,i need to change the e-mail address on my account, i don't really use the one listed on this site any more.

anywho, i'd be willing to do some writing on anything if needed. dunno if i could throw something together by the 9th for this issue, but for future issues, i'm game. just pm me anything you think i may be able to help with, and i got you dawg.
The newsletter isn't actually mailed out really... just an email on the 15th each month with the table of contents and links to it. The actual newsletter is right here on the site... you can click the "News" button way up top, or the "Naked News" link in the forum navigation bar :rock:

We'd love to have you write for it as well, but the idea is all up to you. As long as it is somehow related to streetfighters, than it's all good. Just think of what you' would like to write about and let me know!

[email protected] for submissions!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
gotcha. no "how to's" on building rigid chops from old crappy jap bikes, lol.

i may be riding a chop at the moment, but my heart still lies with the 'fighter world... i will fight again, SOON.

i'll see what kind of stuff i can come up with that people might actually want to read/ might help people with thier builds. probably start with a basic suspension swap article or something. it's real easy to make a decent handling bike ride like crap if it's not done right. i've learned alot of tricks to making it easier over the years.

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Every now and then I run across soeme exotic bikes here that you cannot get in the west. I can do a few articles on that if you wish.

We also have some racing here and a few killer rides. Got a big ride planned for the 14th of July so maybe thats a start.

I got a bike right now I saw at my buddies shop I can write about thats pretty cool.

Also I am in the middle of negotiating a deal with a start up motorcycle company and when its all a done deal I will have the inside line on their manufacturing so I can get a big heads up to you guys on the products they will be offering well in advance.

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Ab,

I am presently working on an article about cornering. I think its a subject racer and fighter a like can use. Not that I am the worlds greatest in a corner but I know how to get in and out and how to do it right. I am a better instructor than a racer ha ha.

I covered the subject a while back briefly but I can add more pictures and make it a part series maybe three or four parts to really cover every asect.

You interested? If so PM me I got three days on the road coming up and I need a project to keep me out of the bars anywya ha ha.

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ab,

I am presently working on an article about cornering. I think its a subject racer and fighter a like can use. Not that I am the worlds greatest in a corner but I know how to get in and out and how to do it right. I am a better instructor than a racer ha ha.

I covered the subject a while back briefly but I can add more pictures and make it a part series maybe three or four parts to really cover every asect.

You interested? If so PM me I got three days on the road coming up and I need a project to keep me out of the bars anywya ha ha.
Defnitely! I'll put it in next months issue :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts