Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pair or matching two piston sliding front brake calipers for a project of mine.
I know that the CB750F and CB900F both had calipers that are exactly like I need. I will be needing to make adapters for them no matter what, so it doesn't really matter which bike they are off of. I need the calipers and mounting hardware.

What do you guys have?

Example of the type of brakes I'm looking for (1981 CB900F shown)

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
Out of curiosity, why would you want sliding instead of opposed piston? I ask because my bike came with crappy one piston sliders, and I'm looking at swapping to two piston opposed (blue dot) calipers. Aside from possible fluid rate issues (which in this case I can address by changing the lever rate acting on the MC) is there any concern?

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wheel I am using (82 CB750C, looks identical to the CB900F wheel posted above) doesn't seem like it'll fit opposing piston calipers. That was my first thought, I was planning on using a pair of 900RR calipers I have, but the inside of the calipers interfere with the spokes. There is also no room to space out the rotors enough that the calipers will clear.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
The wheel I am using (82 CB750C, looks identical to the CB900F wheel posted above) doesn't seem like it'll fit opposing piston calipers. That was my first thought, I was planning on using a pair of 900RR calipers I have, but the inside of the calipers interfere with the spokes. There is also no room to space out the rotors enough that the calipers will clear.
Ah, makes sense. Comstars. The old Yamaha swirlies I'm using (stock to the XJ's and Viragos) are pretty heavy, but the spokes are all in the center plane and only 3/4" thick, so there's loads of space for big fat grabbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts