Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone has a piece of scrap. Need about a 1" long piece of a good, quality steel 2" round bar.

I don't feel like paying $15+ for a 6" piece.

Does anyone have something laying in their scrap bin?

Thanks.

Later, Doug

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Hoping someone has a piece of scrap. Need about a 1" long piece of a good, quality steel 2" round bar.

I don't feel like paying $15+ for a 6" piece.

Does anyone have something laying in their scrap bin?

Thanks.

Later, Doug

what might the finished article be Doug?

·
Super Moderator
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what might the finished article be Doug?

It's going to be a replacement "swivel disk" for my lathe. The original was made from some low-grade Chinese steel that started splitting apart.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will A2 or 4140 work?

A2 should be pretty good. I'm sure anything will be better than the material that the piece is made of now.

Later, Doug

Reactions: ROBBO

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
I've got a piece of A2 that is turned to 2.011" OD with a clean face on one side with a .060" chamfer and the other side is saw cut so thickness varies from .991"-1.006". It was the chucking stock from a part so other ops could be done.

Otherwise there's a piece of A2 that's 2.25-ish OD and 2" long.

·
Super Moderator
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got a piece of A2 that is turned to 2.011" OD with a clean face on one side with a .060" chamfer and the other side is saw cut so thickness varies from .991"-1.006". It was the chucking stock from a part so other ops could be done.

That'd be perfect! I really need an OD of 1.78x" and a thickness of around 0.75" but I figured the bigger then the easier to find.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WTB: 2" round bar (1018?)

Doug, you need the base for a lantern style tool holder? I have one or two of those I'm not using anymore since I picked up a qctp. I can check sizes.

Thanks for the offer but I'm good.

The piece I'm making is the disk in the pics. I welded it up once (as a quick fix) and smoothed out the welds but you can see the porosity in a few spots.

Later, Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts