Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Pretty sure I have both a 750 and an 1100. Bought them as part of a package deal, not exactly sure of the source (but I know the spring rates from testing on a rig I built, could dig em up from the shop logbook if needed). I'm planning on using the red one and the linkage eventually myself (afaik its from an 1100) but could live without the other shock. If you want it, its yours for shipping plus... I dunno, I'm sure you got something cool I can use, because I've got zilch in the way of a parts bin. A really basic low profile single wire throttle would be cool.

If that's not what those are and you can ID them, that would also be cool!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm, I think I have a dirt bike throttle (the enclosed style if thats what you mean), im assuming you dont just mean a throttle cable lol

but thats a very generous offer of you, id love to take you up on it. as soon as we figure out waht the throttle thingy you wanted is though haha

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Yup, I mean just a simple pull throttle. Something like one of these: http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/category/pull_throttles/

I guess I'd also maybe need the matching cable & housing, because maybe the one on my bike won't work in the new throttle (though it might, who knows). Pretty sure I can manage hooking up whatever style end the new cable has at the carb end.

In any case, I got a smoking deal on those shocks, don't need two, so am happy to pass one on! If you feel like yer robbing me, I will eventually need a bunch of rod end (Rose) joints ...

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
sebwiers,

Neither of those shocks you posted are from a pre-SRAD Gsxr. The reservoirs were remotely mounted if the shock even had one.

The linkage may be from a Bandit or Gsx1100F perhaps.

Later, Doug

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Well, there yah go. Like I said, no idea what they came off, which is why I got them so cheap. Pretty sure the linakge came with the top shock (it fits both) and is from an 1100 gixxer, no idea what year (or what "pre-SRAD" even means).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts