Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
I have one, need the filter and rubber boots too? Just pay shipping and it's yours. I've got a turbo plenum in place of my airbox so I've got zero need for it. Not to mention with your spare inlet on your stock airbox you can do the dual inlet mod with a little jetting adjustment. Haven't seen that one done in years too, everyone is just cutting holes into the damn things. ;)

PM inbound.

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Never heard of the Ivan stuff, then again, I'm back on a Bandit after almost 5 years away so hell if I know anything about the current market. lol

Looks to be just a set of bigger mains and some adjustable needles, pretty much standard for an extra hole in the airbox too.

I for the life of me can't find the kit anymore on the dual snorkel setup, it was on a japanese site too, couldn't read a word of it but the pictures told the whole story.

So, the inlet tube to the airbox, you need a second one of them and trim all the excess interior tube off it so it's just the outer velocity stack and the part that mounts it into the airbox cover to clear the filter, then you do the usual "2 inch airbox mod" style cut, but just enough to match the original snorkel sized hole and install a second inlet snorkel rubber from a spare airbox, basically the one from the broken one would work fantastic as the airbox I'm gonna send out to you is complete with stock replacement paper filter, I had a K&N brand one in my old Bandit 1200.

I bumped up the main jets a few sizes, I ended with 105's on the mains, stock pilot jetting, and if I remember right mid point on the needles with the clip, a .010 shim because I'm an anal bastard like that with carb tuning, and the mix screws 2 turns out to start and just a slight turn on each in or out to get it to idle and pick up from idle just right. The second hole was nice, but once the turbulence was sorted with the second inlet rubber in place of just the basic hole it was a new world, the bike pulled so fucking hard, my buddy with a K7 GSXR1000 was astonished at the power the Bandit had up top after the airbox mod, if that says anything. 147rwhp GSXR rider, and he was impressed with the Bandit's top end go, a worth while mod on the more basic end of things if you ask me. ;)

Finished 2 weeks before I crashed it:

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i wish i could say i had the other snorkle but its gone and and there are already a couple holes in it but again thanx a lot

also do you have any pointers on getting the airbox in and out its giving me trouble and my guess is thats why it got broke in the first place it looks like the just broke it in half and super glued it back together lol

do the carb boots need to be removed from the engine?

·
70 Posts
Its a tricky install and frustrating, carb boots on the engine side do not need to be removed. I removed one recently and it took alot of force to remove it, I remember installing one many years ago and the box needed to be rotated a certain way to clear the frame etc. Good luck !

·
Banned
422 Posts
I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;
I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.

I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's;
I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox,
I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus,
In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous;
I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies,
I know the croaking chorus from The Frogs of Aristophanes!
Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore,
And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore.

Then I can write a washing bill in Babylonic cuneiform,
And tell you ev'ry detail of Caractacus's uniform:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

In fact, when I know what is meant by "mamelon" and "ravelin",
When I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a Javelin,
When such affairs as sorties and surprises I'm more wary at,
And when I know precisely what is meant by "commissariat"
When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern gunnery,
When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery
In short, when I've a smattering of elemental strategy
You'll say a better Major-General has never sat a gee.

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.