Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know alot of people in here have hook ups on parts, so i figured this'd be a good place to start the search. i just picked up a minty bandit 400 ($500 delivered to my door!!!) just needs a cdi box. apparently this is a common problem for these bikes. as far as i know, there's no other cdi's that will work, with the exception of MAYBE a gsxr400. the bike is a 91, and i know there's some differences between the first couple years and the later years as far as the cdi goes, so the earlier years would be best. if all else fails i may just shell out the cash for a dyna 2000, and make the pickups fit the 400 (they don't make one for the 400 as far as i know), but the timing is adjustable on the dyna, as is the rev limiter, so i should be able to make it work fairly easily.

soooo... anywho, if anyone has, or knows where i can get a bandit 400 cdi for relatively cheap, please let me know.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
$500 DELIVERED!!?? HOLY CRAPOLA! I need to find something like that for my fiance!

I will keep my eyes open for you though, we haven't yet wrecked a Bandit 400 but I know a couple people with them...

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
werd, thanks. i kinda felt bad b/c the guy e-mailed me and said "make me an offer". since i can't hear it run without a cdi, i offered him $500. he took it, and is going to bring it to me around the 1st of the month. gonna have to paint it though, it's got a black frame, arm, etc, with BRIGHT YELLOW bodywork. i cain't ride no yeller bike, lol.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well here's the bike, he's got all the tail plastic and the seats and whatnot. not bad for the price. kinda taking a chance buying a bike that i can't hear run, but... i guess if the motor is shot, that'll give me an excuse to use that stroker 750 gsxr motor i have, lol.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
sweeeeeet! makes me want to buy my friends!

we could start the 400 club! :metal:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts