Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 92 gsxr750 I'm picking up tonight needs new rotors. So just looking to seeif any of you guys have a pair that will work on this bike.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
if want to look on ebay these rotors are the same
GSX-R 750 '88-'95 year codes J through S
GSX-R 1100 '89-'97 year codes K through T

good luck

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! You know your Gixxers. But what about the 92 gsxr600? That's what I found out the bike actually is after closer inspection.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
I don't know, I thought they start building the 600 in '97
but it can be different for the US market

as far as I know the newer Gixxer 600/750/1000 up to the '02 as well as TL1000 and
GSX1400 have a slightly different offset and diameter

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Thanks for the info! You know your Gixxers. But what about the 92 gsxr600? That's what I found out the bike actually is after closer inspection.

same rotors as previously mentioned. 600w's aren't seen much b/c they were only available for 2 years. same bikes as the 750w, just has a smaller motor. the rest of the bike is the same.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
u.s. had 92 and 93 600's. they were basically the same as the 750 with a rf600 motor. they said 105 horses. i beg to differ. mines not much faster than a turtle on red bull

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
the earlier rotors among your choices had slots in them and the later ones had cross drilled holes like new bikes. same centers with the holes just different outer ring. laters are a tad lighter

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
both of my rotors are totally warped, i had no idea they could get this bad

I can't even ride the bike

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Might want to get pads too, they could be cracked (microfractures) from riding on warped rotors.

I suggest EBC HH-rated pads or a set of Ferodo HH-rated pads.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
both very good. i run hh in my sv cus i like endo's but they wear fast and have lots of dust but theyre easy on rotors. in my cruiser bikes i just run standard pads cus they wear alot longer and less dust

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had the EBC HH pads and new stainless lines on my FZ1 for a week before it got wrecked, it was a nice setup! I'll definitely get new pads with new rotors. The bike needs a new rear rotor and pads too, it's scored all to hell.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
I like to brake as hard as my bike can possibly brake and HH-rated pads are nice. I like Ferodos because they have a little hotter heat range without getting unstreetable.

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
I have a set of rotors. $85 shipped.

They're off a 91 750. Not sure if they would fit your bike. Check around.

·
407 Posts
I had the EBC HH pads and new stainless lines on my FZ1 for a week before it got wrecked, it was a nice setup! I'll definitely get new pads with new rotors. The bike needs a new rear rotor and pads too, it's scored all to hell.
if you thought those pads were good try some Vesrahs. Better power, better feel, less squeal. Makes EBC pads look like shit.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a good deal, but I got a set of '94 rotors (cross drilled and lighter) for $51 on ebay. You wouldn't happen to have a rear rotor laying around would you?

I have a set of rotors. $85 shipped.

They're off a 91 750. Not sure if they would fit your bike. Check around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts