Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all you dudes, especially all of y'all on the west coast of Canada.

My name is Simon, and I have a problem. Despite my bestest efforts to locate a set of USD forks in my local area, I am drawing a blank. Can't find a spare front end off a modern sportsbike anywhere. Mostly due to the area. Victoria, BC seems to be pretty scarce for custom parts fodder...

After all of the builds I have read through here, I have been inspired to build to the USD fick swap on my 79 XS750. This is a ongoing project that was just thrown into my lap. With any luck, I will be able to get the thing fully customized to my dream build list. I will give mad rep, and cash, to whoever can hook a brother up. Basically any USD forks, ranging from the '91 GSXRs to the modern R1s. Entire front end? Sweet. Just the forks? That works too...

-I can drive just about anywhere within 2 hours of downtown Victoria.
-I am also up for shipping within the country, as long as the total cost isn't too step.
-I'm not cheap, but I do have a budget that is (slowly) being eaten up.
-Pics and measurements before we talk about cash.
-It's a bit of a long shot, if you are local to Victoria, I can trade landscaping/yard maintenance hours for parts.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from someone out there...:thumbsup:
-RageWORTH.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Good luck to ya fellah yer trying real hard fer sure .Hope someone comes up with something you can use real soon:thumbsup:

·
4,400 Posts
I have a 636 front end for sale but shipping would probably be outrageous

Reactions: RageWORTH

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shipping isn't too expensive from Washington. I use a shipping company based out of Blaine. I might hit you up for that 636 front end if I can't get something local.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still looking, but I may have a line on some R1 forks from Washington.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
710 Posts
I have a full front end off a gsxr1100 1994 with the wheel discs, calipers, triples clip ons fender... the full swap not missing a bolt. Would sell for 500$ + ship costs. I am near montreal. Not sure if its in your budget range, but sourcing all parts separetely will cost much more. Let me know if youre down with it and ill snap some pics. These are the longest gsxr forks available.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweetness!

I got the front end from rrfighter, he shipped it today.

Even if I decide to not use the front end on the Yamahog, I can use it on my 86 GSXR750, possibly 89 Kat750, or on either one of the First Gen ZX600s my GF owns.

Partswhore, that's me...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the first parcel in the mail today. Got my buddy at work ready to make a stem. Going good so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts