Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just split a headlamp using heat and now need to clean off the old sealant. Now I’ve seen some shit stuck to blankets in my time (mostly for pleasure) but this stuff takes things to a whole other level.

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Tiger seal should do it stuff horrible. I stuck steal checker plate down with it and you ain't lifting it again. Used as Yan said in body work on cars

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Breaking shit...
3,295 Posts
oh, sorry, I thought you were trying to re-assemble... Guess I should actually read the whole post before I post eh? Im not sure what to use to get that awful stuff off something though... I usually soak it in whatever solvent I can find (brake cleaner, goof-off, sometimes a bit of gasoline works really well, etc.) and scrape/clean over and over till I can re-seal with the butyl.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m having success by heating scraping then applying Kemmet. Appears to dissolve thin layers.

anyone know how I can get this stuff off my hands. Whale seamen doesn’t work, I’ve just spunked into my palms.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are called Seal Beam headlights...they use seal Spooge!!!! Ewwww...still easier to find than Unicorn Semen, which can only be removed with the tears of children.

·
BLACK BELT
7,069 Posts
I've opened and resealed headlights & taillights.

I usually bake in an oven @ 225-250 degrees x approx 12 minutes to soften the butyl, then pull apart.

Pretty sure GooGone is what I used to remove the butyl. Anything stronger would cloud the clear lenses.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yeah, smoker has the dope on this as usual. The only thing I would add is that I used a heat gun (fucking carefully) and a small scraper to mechanically remove as much of the crap as I could before I went to solvent by the time I was on my second housing because holy fuck is it time consuming.

·
V-4 for 4 life
1,707 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts