Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Feckin Eejit!
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've got an 87 Sportster 883 with very low miles (5000ish, speedo was replaced about 1k miles ago), in great condition, new tires, forward controls, baffled drag pipes, larger 4gallon tank. It's really a great running bike in great condition. It turns out I don't like riding a cruiser.

I'm looking for an American or Euro bike with a slightly sporty riding position that's light (about ~400lbs or less) with a smaller twin or single cylinder.
Examples: Buell XB Lightning, Buell Blast, Ducati Monster. I will generally stay away from bikes like the CBR or R6, etc.

Looking for a direct trade. PM, reply etc if interested :) I do have this on CL here as well http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/2953518015.html

Thanks! :)

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
glwt. i miss my 78 shovel 4 spd kick

·
Feckin Eejit!
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glwt. i miss my 78 shovel 4 spd kick
Thanks :) I like the bike and it's a great bike. Everything is still tight and new on it with only a few thousand miles on it. But it's like riding a heavy Lazy Boy :p It's pretty cool with the pipes, the song it makes revving it up past 5k is quite a growl :rock:

I found an 03 Blast at a local dealer with only like 3k miles on it for $2k. Gonna go test it out... Maybe get a quick loan to grab that and just sell off the Sporty to the best offer :p Maybe. Want something small and fun that doesn't feel like I'm riding a pig.

·
Feckin Eejit!
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sportster is gone... traded it for something I really didn't think I would enjoy riding.

03 CBR 600f4i, 15k miles, front rotors are warped, pads are toast. Stickered up with beer logos... I feel like a cop magnet just sitting at a light.

Want to fighter it but I should clean it up and see how I like it for a season as is. Having 100hp under me makes me giggle like a little girl. The logical part of me goes "Thats too much for the street..." that other part says "But you saw triple digits on the ride home with it last night..."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts