·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Great work so far - subbed!

Can I ask what seat is this?

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
its a copy of a hell boy sr500 seat i think ya can get them on ebay by searching 'sr500 seat'.
i was stuffing around with the seats i've got trying find what i want and what will look rite, if i use the rg seat it wont cost me anything but if i get another sr seat they cost like 250 bux :'(
i think the frame being red makes it hard to see if they will fit in rite.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
i have made a decision on the seat situation, i think the sr seat looks too good to pass up so i've grit my teeth and purchased a 2nd hand 'nitro head' slim sr seat from the Bay for 144 bux :sven:

i'll throw that on the suzuki and use the single seat on the xr, i can swap them if need be as they use the same mounts.:party-smiley:

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
i'm back!! after purchasing my first home about a year ago i had to slow down with most thing's bike related and with no shed all my fund's were directed at getting one built. two months ago she went up, so i've been in full swing in getting it set up.

if all goes to plan we'll have progress in the next 12 months..... stay tuned.

P.S had to sell both road and dirt bike and am now riding a 77 honda c90 with china 140cc as my daily

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Repped for a huge man cave! (sounds weird... I mean the garage...) :doh:

Reactions: yantosh

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
im back guy's. after having the xr on the back burner from the day i got it, i've finally finished my other projects and the xr is now my main priority or should i call it the XL as i have changed over the an XL frame.

what im up to now is getting the tank and seat mounts sorted, i changed to the xl frame because it will be easier to modify. the biggest pain is trying to get the tank around the rear shock reservoir, next will be getting the bottom triple sleeved so the xl head stem will fit, then i'll have the rear hub shaved to fit the xr650l swing arm, ive got a 160 fitted but i will have to go smaller as the chain will rub. thankfully lots of people have fit cbr600f3 wheels to XR's so lots of info is out there.

feeling motivated and keen to get deep in this build. *updates to come*:sven:

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
ithe biggest pain is trying to get the tank around the rear shock reservoir,
I know it's the CF way to make stuff fit, but wouldn't it just be easier to use another shock? Totally cool if you want to do it, i'm well up for watching tank mod stuff like that also. Just saying.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
the shock is from an 03 gsxr750 and should have the same performance as the forks, its the rite eye to eye i need and the other shocks of the same size are from early 90's bikes with no adjustment. it will be tight but it'll fit.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I know it's the CF way to make stuff fit, but wouldn't it just be easier to use another shock? Totally cool if you want to do it, i'm well up for watching tank mod stuff like that also. Just saying.
good idea, i think i was in denial with this shock. it was going to be way too much of a pain in the ass and was holding me back because it was ''too hard''.

ok so cruch drive, wheel and triple tree have been sent to the machine shop last weekend. bidding on another shock and i stole the tank and seat for a sl230 tracker a built to distract me from this build.

i've got a honda h100 tank on its way, used this one from another bike for test fit.

sorry for the delay guys but its happening slowly.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts