Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
update's with slow between now and early next year due to wedding and a bit of caravaning up the east coast of australia :rock:
Congratulations boss man!

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
This thing's still happening, with not much to go till i pull it down for paint i thought i better give you guys hope that this project isn't dead. i've only done a few bits and peaces over the last few months and have been distracted with some other short term projects. i think i've decided to go with the stock ZX6 front fender to start with and maybe try something more old school later and finished the side covers. little start up video to keep the fire alive.(not its first start)
:thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8pL6rVU4DQ

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
ok so im getting ready to start the wiring loom so first off im going to pop a different stater with less butchered wires and i'll get started. really just going to be cleaning the loom up and putting the cdi and what not where i want and make it less of a dirt bike loom. got to love being able to lay the bike on it side. i have a fly wheel that i'll be experimenting with lightening as well.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
and dont worry guys im getting ready for photobucket to pull my images, i've got everything and will replace them when it happens.:doh:

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Is the dampener mounted to the engine? Not seen that before.

It looks really long there, could it be mounded across the frame, behind the forks maybe?

it is a very long damper, i went through a few different scenarios and this seem to be the best option it's using the full throw of the damper. shouldnt have any issues with mounting to the engine aka heat, vibration but i'll keep an eye on it.

·
Everything is simple...
1,328 Posts
Updates??

Also, ghetto subb'd!!!

Sympul

·
Everything is simple...
1,328 Posts
This is literally the FIRST time that I actually got an update on a year old thread that I just finished reading through.

Well done Sir.

Sympul

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
something's happening with this old girl again, i've pulled everything apart and sprayed the frame, i'll then put everything back together properly and try make it more complete. not sure where this bike will end up, 8 years ago the plan was to make it my every day bike but as my interest's it bikes have changed i'l not sure if it'll ever make it on the road. but i can ensure that this thing will never die and it will be finished one day.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
front and rear end are back on, engines in, i'll get the carbs and exhaust back on and we'll be back there we started but we are now past the mock up stage and should be ready to finished this thing off. wiring loom and lights need to be finished as well as the tank and seat mounts need some adjustment.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts