did some de-tabbing, made a rough hoop with a pipe bender, slapped it on the tail and sorted the tail light.
update's with slow between now and early next year due to wedding and a bit of caravaning up the east coast of australia :rock:
This thing's still happening, with not much to go till i pull it down for paint i thought i better give you guys hope that this project isn't dead. i've only done a few bits and peaces over the last few months and have been distracted with some other short term projects. i think i've decided to go with the stock ZX6 front fender to start with and maybe try something more old school later and finished the side covers. little start up video to keep the fire alive.(not its first start)
ok so im getting ready to start the wiring loom so first off im going to pop a different stater with less butchered wires and i'll get started. really just going to be cleaning the loom up and putting the cdi and what not where i want and make it less of a dirt bike loom. got to love being able to lay the bike on it side. i have a fly wheel that i'll be experimenting with lightening as well.
it is a very long damper, i went through a few different scenarios and this seem to be the best option it's using the full throw of the damper. shouldnt have any issues with mounting to the engine aka heat, vibration but i'll keep an eye on it.
something's happening with this old girl again, i've pulled everything apart and sprayed the frame, i'll then put everything back together properly and try make it more complete. not sure where this bike will end up, 8 years ago the plan was to make it my every day bike but as my interest's it bikes have changed i'l not sure if it'll ever make it on the road. but i can ensure that this thing will never die and it will be finished one day.
front and rear end are back on, engines in, i'll get the carbs and exhaust back on and we'll be back there we started but we are now past the mock up stage and should be ready to finished this thing off. wiring loom and lights need to be finished as well as the tank and seat mounts need some adjustment.
More progress, wiring loom is done for the most part, carbs are back on, seat and tank mount's have been adjusted (new mount for the tank made the seat sit back about 10mm)
fitted the mirrors (real estate on the bars is very tight and I didn't want bar end mirrors but with some fiddling around we got there.)
I have ordered a cheap eBay mini digital dash/Speedo for now, I've used trail tech in the past but the 300 AUD for a bike that may never hit the road I'll give the $50 job a go.
Still making good progress, loom is complete and working great with nice bright lights at idle (XR loom with no battery), my China dash arrived and is as you would expect for 60 AUD and it's a total shame be could it's a good looking little dash basic speed odo and tach , come with no instructions but if you've worked with that type of stuff before it's not too hard to work out it's just the speed sensor that's a little tricky but I'll get in to that a little later. But for now them picture I promised.
Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
A forum community dedicated to Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, builds, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!