Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Ah yes and the front sprocket cover and chain guard, just made a cardboard template and made them out of 1mm sheet steel, I also tried to copy the 80's 600R on the side cover not sure if I'm real keen on it but it does need something other that black to break it up, thinking of doing some holes with perforated sheet behind it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the look without side covers but if you make covers to keep a clean cafe racer look try to make it match or compliment other main features on the bike.
On my bike the main angles are fork angle, seat line, Handle bar angle.
I find If I don't stick to a few basic lines the bike starts to look messy

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I like the look without side covers but if you make covers to keep a clean cafe racer look try to make it match or compliment other main features on the bike.
On my bike the main angles are fork angle, seat line, Handle bar angle.
I find If I don't stick to a few basic lines the bike starts to look messy
The side covers are a must with this build as im retaining the factory airbox and it is as ugly as hell, I'm not worried about the lines as the idea behind them being black is to try make them disappear but that dose make it a bit boring in that area.

Interesting SV build your doing reminds me of my Hyosung build from many moon's ago, I've got a dyno video in this link, it was just slip on exhaust, opened up airbox and some tweaks to the CV carbs.

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Just a short update, key ignition mounted, got some nicer head light brackets , hydraulic rear brake light switch, and seat mount changed again to clear rear light wiring so it doesn't need to be disconnected when removing the seat.

Speedo dash is sorted but I'll go into more detail in a later post.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts