Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just throwing this up for sale so I can have some cash to build some other bikes over the winter.

Nothing wrong with the bike.
It is fantastic and awesome to ride.
It is an xr650l so it is electric start.
I believe it has 5,000 miles on it... it has a trailtech gauge is on it now, but the title was I believe 4,000miles when I bought the bike and the trailtech was just installed.

PM me if interested. $3,000 is pretty much my price, not sure that I will sell it for less as I dont NEED to or exactly WANT to sell it, just would be nice to have the cash.

Location is near Canton Ohio

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry man I'm just selling it for cash to fund some other builds and make some room in the garage.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
I hear ya man, thats really what I'm doing as well, best of luck with the sale, sick bike.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man, you too! Gotta get to building more and better!

·
99 Posts
aw shit I got all giddy when I saw XR650 and didn't even read enough or look at the pic hard enough to see it was an L...all the blood must have rushed from my head...

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha oh just ask ratfighter how freaking AWESOME L's can be..... they just need opened up a tad. Jets, pipe, and air filter already did WONDERS to this bike.

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
I do understand the let down of it not being one of these:

The L model is a bit "soft" to begin with, add a Wossner 10.5:1 piston kit, a stage 1 hot cam (can't remember the company) a little bit of port work on both sides of the valves, the 650L carb mod and airbox mod, a SS header with a modern 450 MX'er slipon (used a KXF450 I think), also include a Barnett clutch kit, valves and springs in stock size to match the hot cam, all on stock gearing, and the thing rips shit like it was built for Baja. I've never actually ridden a big single that comes up in 5th gear off the clutch at 45-55mph. The bottom is as tractable as stock and even a little better, but, the mid range comes to life! You find yourself NEVER downshifting unless you truly want to have full tap of the top end, and oh boy is there top end!

Trust me, just because it is an L doesn't mean that it isn't worth every bit of what any other respectable big single is off and on the road.

My riding buddy with the built 650L showed me this video before he ordered his piston and subsequently went nuts with the aforementioned laundry list of engine modification. Check out the throttle inputs, there is a massive area he just can't even use with all that power and it gets going way too fast in way too short of a stretch. Reminds me of the creepy amount of power the new 450's have in similar riding conditions. Awesome how when the bike goes back to low speed stuff it sounds like it's happy as hell to be ridden at 1500-4500rpm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEM6knQx8YY

The L models aren't so bad. :thumbsup:

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lame no sell yet.... I wanna build my truck and bikes....or I'm gonna end up tearing into this beauty :/

·
Super Moderator
3,038 Posts
He sold it about 6 weeks ago.

Later, Doug

Reactions: Jackstand Johnny
1 - 20 of 20 Posts