Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
the duce that got away
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured id just start a new thread on this one since its a new base bike so heres the parts rundown.

Base bike: 84 XR500 titled for street use
Powerplant: 08 YFZ 450 quad motor :rock:
Wheels: Excel
Suspension: 05 Husaberg fe650 supermoto :fu:
Brakes: beringer pro race billet 6 piston caliper, brembo master cyl, rear brake is kx250

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
dig it!!! you gunna rock the stock rear fender/seat and tank or going cafe style or what?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That's looks like it's going to be one fun ride when you're done

·
the duce that got away
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
both fenders will be chopped or replaced and I wont use the stock seat, I have a newer crf250 skinny seat and a flat tracker style seat to decide between.

has to have some kind of cargo rack

·
the duce that got away
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a YFZ so it came from a quad, but for me it would be water cooling, electric start, much higher hp output from a lighter motor, stronger clutch, lower geared tranny, better oil system for whoolies!!!

and to be the only one that has one :party:

·
the duce that got away
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finished up the fab on the subframe today so now my crf seat and the husaberg shock fit.
ground down all welds and cut off the unnecessary bits

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
That looks sick I cant wait to see what it turns in to!

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
and to be the only one that has one :party:
Sorry but I may be doing the same thing :oops:

My cafe build im going to start on again for the winter build off, contemplating a cr motor but the yfz and yzf motors are soooo much more prevalent around my area so may have to go that way.

But at least mines more cafe/tracker then motard so they wont look the same.

·
Will Tig For Food
74 Posts
Nothin' like gettin' Motarded fellas :D

Apparently here in Kentucky is one of the few states that will let you plate a dirty bike under a rebuilt title.
I had a plated crf450. To be honest, I never thought that I could try and flip them to you guys that can't.

Wonder if there's a market and if they can be titled out of state if sold?

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Nothin' like gettin' Motarded fellas :D

Apparently here in Kentucky is one of the few states that will let you plate a dirty bike under a rebuilt title.
I had a plated crf450. To be honest, I never thought that I could try and flip them to you guys that can't.

Wonder if there's a market and if they can be titled out of state if sold?
Here in Az I could street plate a camel with a cr500 motor up its ass as long as I had an MSO or title to go with it.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
hell yea rubbers I like that! and the aftermarket for the yfz and yzf are Huge!!
Yah man, dont know if you have worked on one yet but they are awesomely easy to work on. I used to race a yfz450 flat track. And even in the tight frame of a 4 wheeler it only takes about 20 min to set TDC and check the valves and inspect the top end. In a nice open bike frame I bet it would take even less.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts