Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have this virago. I personally like the look of the bike but hate the platform. (want enduro, r1, something else) I'm trying to sell the bike but get top dollar once tax season comes when people are spending cash for them.

If I bobbered it, would people pay more for it once i sell it? It would take me 20 mins flat to bob it. I paid 800, mint condition.

photo of bike currently.

here is a bobbie xv700

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I'd about In your area but around me "custom bobber" sit on CL for a long time. I think you should put it up in the condition its in now if it doesn't sell in a couple weeks then bob that fucker out

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
You've got a damn near mint bike there, for top bucks you want to play that up. Shiney and stock out-sells crusty and custom, or even clean and custom. Swap the bars for something chromey and cruiser-ish. Polish the pipes and every other bit you can. Wash the tires and treat the seat with whatever makes it shiney and nice to touch.

Anybody who really wants a bobber knows you can turn that bike into a bobber in a couple hours, and will be just as happy to pay the same premium for clean donor bike as a completed conversion.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
+1. Sell it stock, clean it up. You'll get more out of it. Once you bob it you have a much smaller market. PLUS, you'll be out the $800 you bought it for plus your time and money bobbing it. Unless you feel you can get at least double for it bobbed immediately, I'd shine it up and post it. Take a look on your local cl. Look for bobbers and see how long they've been on, what they're asking for them, the condition, etc.

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea I guess I'm doing that. Tax season is coming up. Ive got 3 sets of bars that i can include with it, so hopefully as the weather warms i'll just sell it stock. Just cleaned it today.

v65 or vmax if i own another cruiser, cool bikes bitches love them but not for me.

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FUCK THAT. haha

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
They ever catch the bastard that stole your drz or xr? What ever the hell it was I can't remeber

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not a sign, it was a dr. I just got left stranded by the virago nearly (bike wouldn't downshift, just drove home in 3rd-5th gear the entire way)

bloody hate this thing in comparison. id be happy with a 350 pound bike that could cruiser 90 all day, however that isn't happening unless i buy an ncr (or whatever that titanium company is, hypermotard)

love my 6 speed gsxr but mehhhh. if husky made the nuda stateside i think i'd own one, or 2.

·
641 Posts
Turn it into a cafe racer. Who cares how clean it is change it. It doesn't have a heartbeat cut that bike up. I vote cafe fighter. Those bikes sound great with a nice open 2 into 1 pipe. That's just my two cents

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Waiting a few weeks, dumping everything but my boilers. Putting a big cc bike in my garage along with a 650 enduro and calling it a day.

Reactions: shinyribs

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so almost 2 years later i find myself with a now 1984 virago xv700.

Paid $500 for this running piece. NOWHERE near as good of shape as the 1985 I had. Rusted like bum. Spent 2 days derusting it with still more to go. All just surface.

Plus on this bike, it has spoked wheels and not those gaymags. has highway pegs and right now it has this lolzy cooler holder.

Plans are to make this 70's chop style.
-giant sissybar at least 3 feet.
-z bars
-keeping it 2up, but shaving the seat or building a new one entirely.

Personally I love the lines of the viragos. The tank I even like. I don't see myself doing any radical transformation in that aspect.

tank will get painted or wrapped. Exhaust. No clue yet. Honestly expect to do that last. this will be a quick build.

Not sure if I want to go full chop or not (Ie ditch the gauges, signals ect) as I'm a daily rider that racks up serious miles.

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it looks like the first one exactly.

even the same color.

mind = blown.

only this one has a gay rack thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts