Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi thought I would start a build thread for my Y2K SV650S.
Stripped and ready for fighter build.

As it did look.

Then I pulled the front fairing off.

Then today i stripped it to this stage.

Next stage is to fit the GSXR K3 Showa front forks just waiting on the front wheel to arrive.

I have a few ideas of what i would like to put on the bike. Ducati monster seat or maybe KTM RC8 Rear seat. Braced swingarm. Drag bars and risers and a Showyo Moto Inc headlight mask. Time will tell. Hope you fellow fighters let me know what you think and I'm open to ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Bike is looking good so far man and the plans sound great. The RC8 Tail is one that I have considered on a few bikes. Should look pretty killer on your SV

·
Bazinga!
2,604 Posts
There is an rc8 tail for sale in the classified section. I am definitely putting a monster seat on mine. Watchin this build

·
422 Posts
nice an onther sv!!!
your plans sounds great!
i wanna see it whit that ktm tail!;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got home from work and decided the GSXR forks had to be fitted to the SV. Started by removing the sv top yoke and clipons. Removed the top steering stem bearing and the filed 2 slots for future removal of the TWF bearing conversion. Fitted the new bearing and then the gsxr forks.

Old forks ready for removal.

Forks removed.

Steering stem bearing removed.

Steering stem modification for future removal of the TWF Racing GSXR SV fork conversion bearing.

The old and the new.

GSXR 750 K3 front end fitted. Just have to wait for the billet top yoke and risers to arrive now.

·
Bazinga!
2,604 Posts
Ahh. Makes me want to do work.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got confirmation that the billet top yoke (triple tree) is getting made to my spec. GSXR 750 spec with SV650 ignition holder in center so that the steering lock still works and risers for 7/8 bars. Have to wait 10-14 days for it now. I will post pics as soon as it arrives.
www.topyokes.com

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My SV650, so far I have just got the GSXR 750 front end fitted. Waiting for the billet top yoke (Triple Tree) to arrive. Then bars will be fitted. Thinking now of fitting a Honda RS 125 race seat. Exhaust will hopefully be KTM Duke III/ Buell under engine style.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there is a camshaft swap you can do with them to get more power , using standard suzuki camshafts
Yeah i had read about that on either svrider.com or sv650.org. Is it using 03 onwards intake cams ? I will think of that in the future. I just want to get it up and running first. Quite a few other things i'd like to do in the future. Braced swingarm, GSXR rear wheel swap (180 rear tyre)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still waiting on billet yoke. Got a set of straight drag bars, Bought a Ducati 1098 race tail and seat pad to suit just need a subframe now and get it fitted to the SV. I had wanted to try KTM RC8 tail but I don't think it would suit the curvy SV. My other option was a Honda RS125 race seat but got the 1098 seat cheap from ebay. Priced getting a sssa fitted engineering firm was talking £1000 plus donor parts. I'll stick with the standard SV arm for the time being.
Race Tail

Seat

Drag Bars

Just need a subframe now

·
Bazinga!
2,604 Posts
i was going to use the same tail only stock 2 up, till i went another direction. interested in seeing this through

·
VTR fighter
1,391 Posts
Yeah i had read about that on either svrider.com or sv650.org. Is it using 03 onwards intake cams ? I will think of that in the future. I just want to get it up and running first. Quite a few other things i'd like to do in the future. Braced swingarm, GSXR rear wheel swap (180 rear tyre)
Iv'e done that with my bike, it's got the k3+ intake cam on the intake side and 99-02 intake on the exhaust side, k3+ crank and heads, then the airbox, dynojet and exhaust. Standard my bike got 63rwhp now it's 73rwhp. Made a big difference (but just wheel spins with my shit tires on :()

Reactions: Shmitterton

·
Irish Fighter
45 Posts
Looking forward to the tail going on. Sweet . Good info on the extra Horseys cam info.

Front end looks nice and shiny. Keep er lit.

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Everyones putting the 898, 1098, 1198 tail on there bikes now lol i thaught i was unique when i orderd mine but have since seen 3 other guys are doing it at the same time lol, look forward to seing these triples dude :D

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Getting a bit popular these 1098 tails but still look good. I originally wanted a KTM RC8 but they're too expensive and pointy for the wee SV then thought of a Honda RS125 race seat. The 1098 race seat was a steal at £26 from eBay so that's why I'm using it

wow £26 :fu: i thaught mine was a steal at £50 lol i cant afford a subby as well though so gunna make one up, should be easy enough, i got a few bits of spare steel from my old cbr subframe i chopped off and of course i got the bandit subframe as well so should ba able to throw something together.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts