Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have recently joined the forum as you seem to be like minded people. After 2 back to standard restorations, following on from super-moto style Cagiva Elefant build have decided its time for another Sinatra (i did it my way) build. The basis is a 1981 XS850 Midnight Special. Was originally going for the 650, but this was a lot cheaper and does not seem to be collectable, thus minimal concerns about what is going to be done to it.

The goal is to strip it down to a minimalist style, opening up the centre to be almost 'see through'. The battery, rectifier and starter solenoid will be located below the swing arm and the ignition unit and fuse box will be located on a new tray mounted under the seat. Both the carrier, which mounts primarily on the centre stand fixings, and tray have been fabricated, they just need to be welded at the corners. Attached piccies are of the bike as collected and the current fabrications. Next task is to sort out a tail tidy and decide where to cut the rear frame after the cross brace.

Don't worry about the state of the bike in the template photo, I always build twice!

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts