Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Read about these in Cycle World. Got my attention. Been eyeing something like these for 2-up touring. Not ideally what I'm looking for, but its def on my radar. One of the more modern looking rides in its class, for sure. Guess it was aimed at undercutting the HD 883.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Oh, nother bit is business, anyone in Southern TN want to ride before the season ends, seems like everyone i know is ditching their bikes n what not, I'm around Columbia/Lawrenceburg Tennessee
I was just in Columbia over at the Harley shop with some friends last weekend. I live in Murfreesboro off of 840 if you ever wanna meet up

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
The Alpha
167 Posts
I've ridden one.

They cruise pretty easily, but first gear is surprisingly short. They sound like a bicycle with a playing card in the back spoke stock, and there aren't many aftermarket exhaust options out yet.

On a good note, there are a ton of aftermarket accessories (if you aren't into making them all yourself) that look pretty damn good (springer seat, tons of brass stuff, etc.). Also, it has the newer V-Star 950 engine in it's fairly light frame that gives it pretty decent power. Not quite like a Stryker or a M109, but it beats out the Sportster 883 and keeps up with the 1200.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I demo'd one this summer. It looks cool, kind of a fun little bike.

The motor feels horribly plugged up though. There's a nice torque surge down low, it really likes being short shifted and lugged around. Try to wind it out a little and prepare for disappointment, it has zero top end power whatsoever. Feels totally out of breath and then slams into the limiter. I know it's a cruiser v-twin, but come on. VTXs and Vulcan's even in the same mid-size class have much punchier motors. I bet an exhaust/airbox/power commander combo could really wake it up though and make this a fun little urban hot rodder.

The r-spec version I rode had a plush, cruiser-ish fork, and a GP bike stiff rear end. It felt really unbalanced if you hit a bump mid corner, plus on a bike like this there's zero reason for such a firm setup.

Plus the speedometer is idiotic, it's invisible if it's even remotely sunny outside. Wouldn't be a Yamaha without a few glaringly dumb flaws thrown in though.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
Roland sands already built a custom one.

the factory did a build off with multiple shops, people voted on facebook and imo roland sands didnt put much effort into this one as he did his other builds. I am pretty sure they added him to the build off and told him to take it easy so others had a chance lol.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
i want the shocks.

I also demoed one at northend cycle. Comparable to the sporty 883 (which surprisingly the 2013 hd883 felt slower than older models as well) It sounded more whistley. It's actually a tad bit more comfy for a taller guy like me to sit on that a sporty. Gear box has alot less slack.

BUT it won't pull up the front in 2nd and 3rd like the HD will

1 - 12 of 12 Posts