Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Oh, nother bit is business, anyone in Southern TN want to ride before the season ends, seems like everyone i know is ditching their bikes n what not, I'm around Columbia/Lawrenceburg Tennessee
I was just in Columbia over at the Harley shop with some friends last weekend. I live in Murfreesboro off of 840 if you ever wanna meet up

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
The Alpha
167 Posts
I've ridden one.

They cruise pretty easily, but first gear is surprisingly short. They sound like a bicycle with a playing card in the back spoke stock, and there aren't many aftermarket exhaust options out yet.

On a good note, there are a ton of aftermarket accessories (if you aren't into making them all yourself) that look pretty damn good (springer seat, tons of brass stuff, etc.). Also, it has the newer V-Star 950 engine in it's fairly light frame that gives it pretty decent power. Not quite like a Stryker or a M109, but it beats out the Sportster 883 and keeps up with the 1200.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
i would wait a few years to see if they catch on.

yeah they are aimed directly at the sporty but we shall see what happens

·
Registered
740 Posts
I demo'd one this summer. It looks cool, kind of a fun little bike.

The motor feels horribly plugged up though. There's a nice torque surge down low, it really likes being short shifted and lugged around. Try to wind it out a little and prepare for disappointment, it has zero top end power whatsoever. Feels totally out of breath and then slams into the limiter. I know it's a cruiser v-twin, but come on. VTXs and Vulcan's even in the same mid-size class have much punchier motors. I bet an exhaust/airbox/power commander combo could really wake it up though and make this a fun little urban hot rodder.

The r-spec version I rode had a plush, cruiser-ish fork, and a GP bike stiff rear end. It felt really unbalanced if you hit a bump mid corner, plus on a bike like this there's zero reason for such a firm setup.

Plus the speedometer is idiotic, it's invisible if it's even remotely sunny outside. Wouldn't be a Yamaha without a few glaringly dumb flaws thrown in though.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
Roland sands already built a custom one.

the factory did a build off with multiple shops, people voted on facebook and imo roland sands didnt put much effort into this one as he did his other builds. I am pretty sure they added him to the build off and told him to take it easy so others had a chance lol.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
i want the shocks.

I also demoed one at northend cycle. Comparable to the sporty 883 (which surprisingly the 2013 hd883 felt slower than older models as well) It sounded more whistley. It's actually a tad bit more comfy for a taller guy like me to sit on that a sporty. Gear box has alot less slack.

BUT it won't pull up the front in 2nd and 3rd like the HD will

1 - 12 of 12 Posts