Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gotta single sider to build fer a guy , been in the planning stage fer ages , mocked up a few bits , best get started eh ?

make from steel , a bit heavy but i'm more confident with steel welding for the moment

it'll hold a 280 tyre

we got a date, of course in my infinate wisdom i welded some bits before i took the pic

pivot point bits, all milled and bored

pivot tube

the 3 bits glued together

·
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
started the next junction pieces

yes its in a cnc , no its not because it has to be . until my machines are wired up i have no time to do it but if the machine is empty i can run it a little

·
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
little more done , this is a good idea this forum section , makes you do work

the pockets for the round tubes will hopefully be done tomorrow , that just leaves the section that the dogbones pivot on and i'll be able to assemble the front section .

i'm going for a chunky engineered look , more industrial than pretty , the bike is going to be big , more of a fighter styled cruiser than an out and out fighter , but thats a can of worms i'm bored with:doh:

·
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

hopefully you can see from these pics that while i'm getting the chunky look that i want , the blocks are actualy pretty light .
the tubes that join all the blocks will be sleeved at the joins , using smaller tube inserted into the holes

just the dogbone mount and thats the front section ready for assembly

i'll turn up nylon bushes for the dry build , save fucking up the needle roller bushes knocking them out for powder coating

·
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the final milled component for the front section is underway

this will hold the two bearings for the dogbone pivot . oncve this is ready i start cutting tube , 8 short sections to join it all up , connected with 16 hidden internal sleeves

·
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and the oscar for dumbass of the year goes to .....Yan . i bought the tube then made all the fittings , made them to suit 1.25 tube ................ tube i bought is 1.5" . fucker .

off to buy more tube , i'll make the hub spacer while i wait

·
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hub spacer was turned with the wheel 6 mile away ...will it fit ?

fuckin right it will

:rock: :party-smiley:

we'll need one of these

better start a carrier for the hub

which will all stack up like this

and a wee blue spot

·
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
drilled t'other side of the adaptor , so it would all bolt together

chopped up all the bits of tube

which will kinda look like this

i've drilled the holes for the brake disc into the adaptor rather than nuts and bolts , this way the adaptor will be fastened by 4 M12 bolts and 4 M8 , while the wheel will be held on by 5 M14 wheel studs . couple this with an M20 stud right through...... belt and braces

the missing hole will be done when i see how thick the alloy ends up as it's right under a wheel stud

·
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got a rush on now , i need to get this finished , it's one of those jobs you agree to but in hindsight is prob a step too far for how i'm set up , this might not be to everyones taste but i'm trying for more of a tough engineered look than a flowing organic thing

1 - 20 of 33 Posts