Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bear in mind I'm from a civilised country, so we drive on the left here.

Basically I was turning right at a set of traffic lights, across a 2 lane, 60kph road. I was in the middle of the intersection with a car behind me, and a car coming towards me. He was about 50 meters from the intersection when the lights went orange. They'd been orange for about two seconds when I thought I saw him start to brake, the front of his car dipped down etc. Knowing I was about to be stuck in the middle of an intersection with the traffic lights going green, I gassed it to let myself and the dude behind me through. Turns out he wasn't slowing.

Next thing I know I'm in the back of an ambulance, there's a couple paramedics strapping me to a board. I ask what happened, nobody tells me anything, then a cop shows up and starts asking questions. Stupid questions, like did I know the scooter wasn't legal to be ridden at the moment? Registration wasn't current, see. I was totally confused, told him it was my flatmates scooter that she'd asked me to do some work to it. He gets my version of the events and they fuck him off.

Get to the hospital, get checked out, get my phone (screen's fucked) start rolling through the rigmarole of letting everyone know where I am. Get a text from my dad and mum, the cops have called both of them to let them know the scooter got towed and so did the car. The cop made it pretty clear that he thought I was at fault. He also believed the scooter was a homebuilt, which was pretty risible. I'll hopefully find out today where the scooter is so I can go pick it up, take some pics, and then wait out for the cop to call me and ask me my story when I'm not strapped to a gurney coming out of unconsciousness.

On the plus side, I may have found an easy way to get the Chappy project registered easily.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
I hope tha filth dont fook ya over mate .Declare yer sttement nulland void due to tramatic stress!

Thank tha Lord yer OK fer sure :thumbsup:

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
glad your ok. almost got taken out by an illegal today that decided he didnt have to obey the law that states no vehicle shall cross any solid line white or yellow. people think they can merge on to the highway faster by ignoring the lines

Reactions: oldrider

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That sucks if it was insured tell them it was a test ride but glad your Ok. Damn that really sucks that little scot was looking awesome.

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cop's gonna put the blame on me, but he worked hard to give me the minimum charge and let me keep my licence. Still, 04 Jaguar with a mashed bonnet, bumper, windscreen and edge of the roof. Probably looking between $2 and $4k he reckons.

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Scared the crap out of me when I saw the thread title! Glad you're ok, but is unconscious ok?? Hope you don't get stiffed on all of it with the insurance company. Over in this UN-civilized country, the insurance companies all work very hard to NOT pay! Take care of yourself & keep us up-to-date please? Oh, & repped for survival!

:emomssmilie:

Reactions: sidewayz

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Glad your ok. To many of us getting banged up lately.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
left side is definitely the wrong side. thats why the right side is called the right side. and any accident you can complain about is one that could have been worse

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeez man, sitting here at 5:06am, been up since half three. My back is just killing me, stabbing pains all along the left hand side of my lower back. Gonna get the medics to check it out tomorrow when I go back to work, this is just too much right now.

·
Fastman @teamlof.com
532 Posts
Post concussion syndrome; no fun for the entire family... ...take it easy; no way to speed recovery.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts