Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Vmax jet lag...
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Im kinda new within this forum but for long time i've been working and loving the fighter modding. Im currently owner of a '98 Vmax thas has undergone some major modifications so far but its always evolving. Im shooting you some pics of the earlier days of the first big mod i've done to the rear tire... In the meantime it changed a bit but i still need to take the pics to post. The time available for this project isn't much but slowly moving. Many things to think about at the same time... Either way i hope i can get some input and help from you most and less experienced bikers as well.

Fred

·
Vmax jet lag...
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like that reat tire...a single shock setup would look killer on it imo.
Thank you. If you look for X-iled thread you'll see what is the issue on using Single Side Swingarm. Its challenging engineering wise... :D
So to make it simple, safe and cheap... SSC i decided to go this way. Its too much mass rotating behind me. I've reached 200 Km/h with this setup. Don't ask me why, that day i woke up with a unvulnerability complex...:LolLolLolLol:

·
Vmax jet lag...
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New changes...

I was looking to change my rear end and decided that the r6 would fit nicely. I got a frame to hold it without changing the vmax rear seat mount. I came up with whats shown in the pics below with integrated blinkers. I ended up with changing the shocks as well (can you figure out which ones are those?). Everything so far has been bought used on Ebay or local sellers (mostly Ebay). That is only the project rear, its been cut to fit but now its going to be fiber glassed to fit snug with the gas cap seat cover in place. Slow but going...

Attachments

·
29 Posts
I LOVE YOUR MAX!!! My second bike was a Vmax, and I miss it dearly. I'm going to have another one some day, but not the newest version, it will be like yours. I also love your exhaust.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Great looking Max.

·
Vmax jet lag...
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys

I have to take i slowly coz time is not abundant. I'll push it forward as much as i can. That triple cam project is still on Shift. Its just on the background for now. Thanks for posting.

By the way. These pics are just a mockup of the thing in order to see how its gonna be when finished. It rode either way... :D

Now it will be disassembled for fiberglass trimming.

·
Vmax jet lag...
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been away for a while but now i got the mood to start again. Started trimming the rear end and clear clutch so i can see the lovely purple Barnett plate even at night... he he...

By wildweasel_pt at 2011-01-13

·
Vmax jet lag...
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know if i can fit the Yamaha R1 07/08 fork stanchions and caliper/spindle brackets (4C8) on a R1 04/06 suspension (5VY)? I really need to know that... Thanks

PS - Width is the same (43mm) but length of stanchion is 540mm on the 4C8 and 520mm on the 5VY...

·
Vmax jet lag...
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Getting the mockup ready for the front end... Disregard the rim's color. Measuring and finetuning everything in order to make the triples. 3 major brands just in the front. Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki... Getting ready...

By null at 2011-01-17

By null at 2011-01-17

·
1,156 Posts
I sorta like the first bobbed tail set up. The new looks good also, but I prefer the first one. Keep up the good work. :D

·
Vmax jet lag...
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today was the day for plastic molding... Got the polyurethane flowing to get the shapes...
Tomorrow will be carving day...

Here some pics of how i did it... That sucker bloats like hell... Its gonna make me work well tomorrow...

By wildweasel_pt at 2011-01-26

·
Vmax jet lag...
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lookin good man, gotta love the great stuff but dont ever get that shit on your hands like i did... it didnt all come off for about a month
Too late... I've been biting my fingers and spitting for a couple hours already... Shiiiit....
A month?? Holy crap... Any trick? I tried to get it out with polyester thinner but unsuccessful...
That MoFo sticks to everything while is wet...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Too late... I've been biting my fingers and spitting for a couple hours already... Shiiiit....
A month?? Holy crap... Any trick? I tried to get it out with polyester thinner but unsuccessful...
That MoFo sticks to everything while is wet...
nope, i found nothing that works... i was in the delivery room when my son was being born and the nurses were like WTF is wrong with your hands lol

i did the same thing, with thinner and it made it worse keep chewin and spittin thats the only way to get the most of it off... the rest will just fall off in time

btw, take your time on shaping it, it doesnt take much to make a mistake, the first time i did it i took it down till it was all even and had no craters.... i was wrong make it to the shape you want and go back and fill in all the low spots if you have any

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
latex anal exam gloves are cheap...

Just dont ask me how I know....

1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.