Administrator
5,264 Posts

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Ah, like all things, once you've removed a front end you'll wonder what you were worried about.

But if you are set on trying to re-die the threads you can probably calculate the thread by measuring the outer dia, then figure out the pitch. You can use something like this "Thread / Screw Pitch Guage":

It's super useful and cheap so worth getting anyway.

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, like all things, once you've removed a front end you'll wonder what you were worried about.

But if you are set on trying to re-die the threads you can probably calculate the thread by measuring the outer dia, then fugure out the pitch. You can use something like this "Thread / Screw Pitch Guage":

It's super useful and cheap so worth getting anyway.

If i removed the front end i would probably end up taking a hammer to it and that will be the end of that, lol.

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
If i removed the front end i would probably end up taking an MC Hammer to it and that will be the end of that, lol.
Wouldn't want that.

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Its not a case of not having the enviroment, its more about my lack of skills and patience.
And the destructive power of hammers.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ahh he cant pull the front end, my bad didnt read that haha. You could try taking a tap with the same pitch and rake the threads with that. But id cut the crossing down with a file as much as possible beforehand and rake the tap to clean up afterwords.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.