Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so at first glance you may think, oh that there be a trike. well you would be wrong. a local guy/drunk in my area decided he has tipped his bike over too many times and needed something more stable. whats a drunk to do? well ill just spend way too much money on a trike kit and leave the rear wheel on there so i cant tip it over.

Reactions: oldrider

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
That's actually a kit where you leave the rear wheel for drive purposes and just add the extra two wheels.

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Yeah I have seen a few. My 8 yr old niece and 5yr old nephew get a kick out of adults needing training wheels since the kids got rid of theirs a long time ago.

Side note these kids need a minibike.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's actually a kit where you leave the rear wheel for drive purposes and just add the extra two wheels.
thats what i thought when i first realized that the rear wheel was still there. either way, fucking stupid

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
I see a bunch of older ppl around here riding those...I don't understand why you don't just buy a full trike or pay to have the conversion done...that just looks like a bad wreck waiting to happen to me. If you want something with 4 wheels that bad just get a damn convertible

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
I'm of 2 minds about things like this. If the guy couldn't afford a "real" trike or conversion at least this keeps him "riding". I hope I'm still riding when I'm 100 years old. But if it's cause the dude just keeps dropping the bike and can't really ride, then I say burn it with fire.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and this guy paid about 4500 or so for it, and the only reason he has it is because hes too drunk most of the time to hold his bike up. im surprised his wife still rides with him. if it was for a legitimate reason like a leg problem or not enough old man strength then i think its ok. but still

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Who's Chris?

I would only do something like this if I were to develop some debilitating disease or injure myself to the point I can't keep a bike upright at a stop.
Well hey. Maybe that's what's up with this guy...

Maybe we just need more info here to evaluate......

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
Well hey. Maybe that's what's up with this guy...

Maybe we just need more info here to evaluate......

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
and this guy paid about 4500 or so for it, and the only reason he has it is because hes too drunk most of the time to hold his bike up. im surprised his wife still rides with him. if it was for a legitimate reason like a leg problem or not enough old man strength then i think its ok. but still
^^

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
Knew an old bar owner up in kentucky who did this. Got so old and had so many wrecks that he couldn't keep the bike up on his own, loved his bike and didn't want to do the conversion.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Some of these kits allow a limited amount of lean but would prevent the bike from tipping over. I always thought they were for older or disabled people that didn't have the strength to keep one upright but didn't want to completely abandon the fun of riding by going to a traditional trike, so in that regard if it keeps them riding then great. In the case of someone that's always too drunk to remember to put your feet down, he should probably be shot before he takes out someone else on the road.

·
Jarhead Supreme
6,487 Posts
so at first glance you may think, oh that there be a trike. well you would be wrong. a local guy/drunk in my area decided he has tipped his bike over too many times and needed something more stable. whats a drunk to do? well ill just spend way too much money on a trike kit and leave the rear wheel on there so i cant tip it over.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts