Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a built 944 hi-comp motor (blueprinted), Alu clutch basket polished crank, Ti valves, + smoothing of the intake (about 95hp to the wheel, and it has no more then 2k mi on it) Ps. its ok to ask what a blueprinted motor is. (not trying to be condescending).

With this motor I have one of our moded 998 SSSA + all electrical and carbs. (no tank)

I have a race 748 frame (no title) (I don't think the motor mounts are a exact fit) and a soon to be spare set of 998 forks.

So I can say for sure I have a built (with class) 2V motor. and Ducati 998 suspension that will be easy to make fit.

(rims are easy, its just about what your willing to spend.)

So what im asking and looking for is what frame, tank, seat & tail do you think I should use and why.
if you can provide me with pics of what your talking about that would help.

Thanks

Jay

P.s. blueprinting a motor and having exact specs will 98% of the time give you 2-3 HP as well as making the life of the motor longer.

·
FNG
68 Posts
888, Monster or 916 series frame would be my first choices, though the 888 is not going to be an easy find. monster is probably going to be the cheapest to both buy and insure, maybe even as a smaller displacement. 916 series had a fairly long production run, and a lot of them ended up on the track, so bare frames are out there, but title and straightness should be verified. if you really want to mess with people, find an Indiana.
bb7

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
:doh:

I had to look myself a few years ago when somebody mentioned it. Not all of us are born mechanical geniuses I guess.
You mean, it isn't a blue papered version of the engine for a technician to build off of?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
888, Monster or 916 series frame would be my first choices, though the 888 is not going to be an easy find. monster is probably going to be the cheapest to both buy and insure, maybe even as a smaller displacement. 916 series had a fairly long production run, and a lot of them ended up on the track, so bare frames are out there, but title and straightness should be verified. if you really want to mess with people, find an Indiana.
bb7
I believe the 888 and monster frames are very smiler if not the same. I have used several monster frames but as I keep jamming more hp and stacking up more miles on every bike I ride. I have found out that there is a week spot in the frame where the frame makes the X by the vertical cylinder. I do like the 748-998 frames but you have to know exactly what year motor and frame you want to put together. as from series 748 to RS to SPS have some small differences. But I have been thinking about a Diavel frame. I think that would make a bad ass CF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts