Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slicing it up.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted anything on here, hope everyone's well!

So recently I've bought myself a Gopro Hero 3, and started to record all my rides from a helmet cam. I had the intentions of making a Youtube video at somepoint to show all the weird and wonderful things we see riding on our bikes, but I thought 1 angle might get a little boring. After about a month, I bought a Suction cup mount, and started to place the camera in some interesting places...

So now, here's my problem:
I've put together an all right video (more of an angle test, than anything) and I'm thinking about putting it on Youtube. My only concern is that there are a couple of small wheelies in there, and I'm sure I break the speed limit a couple of times too. You can't see my speedo, and all the license plates of my friends and myself have been blurred out, but I've heard of a few occasions where the Police have prosecuted from video evidence off Youtube... There is nothing by any means 'dangerous' in the video, and it's really very tame riding; slightly agressive, but nonetheless not stupid.

Do you think I'd be shooting myself in the foot uploading this? Or should I just go for it and stop being such a pussy haha?

I live in the United Kingdom by the way, so the laws are obviously slightly different than for you guys across the pond!

Any input is welcome guys!

Thanks for reading! :)

·
890 Posts
I don't know if the law are going to bother with something as mild as what you are describing when there is so much more full-on stuff on Youtube already. And with no plates visible it's unlikely they would pursue it in the first place.

·
I am a motherfucker
1,867 Posts
I don't know if the law are going to bother with something as mild as what you are describing when there is so much more full-on stuff on Youtube already. And with no plates visible it's unlikely they would pursue it in the first place.
To add to this, almost all of the situations I've heard of people getting nailed with their youtube videos... they were already in trouble. They get caught doing something and the video is used as evidence. As long as you aren't riding like Ghost Rider, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
Can you edit the video to read "Professional riders on a closed course, do not attempt," along the bottom?

Small wheelies and slight speeding will probably not get you in trouble. Ghostrider type shit and you are watching your back for a few months.

·
Slicing it up.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies! I think I'll make a new Youtube channel (so it's not linked to my personal email, address, facebook etc.) so that someone would have to try pretty hard to find me anyway!

And most of the time I'm on my bike I'm commuting! So not quite Ghost Rider haha!

Although... That would make getting to work a lot faster!

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
they would also have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was in fact you riding your bike while the video was being made its just like speeding... if you can break the cops line of sight on you for more then a few seconds, even if he does catch back up to you, they cant write you a speeding ticket unless you tell on yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts